Why is it that ....

MOMvsFOOD
MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
whenever my husband works my nerves and my life more difficult, I yearn for a bag of cheeseburgers and some fries :(

Replies

• kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    ME TOO!!!! When you find out that answer, let me know please!!! I hope you get through it, try to stay busy, and focus on something that makes you HAPPY!!!
  • I usually just want to sleep...:ohwell:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Maybe it's like smoking, it's a coping mechanism so whenever you're stressed it's what you want, or it was your former way of handling it. The more times you deal with it another way-by working out, say-then someday when you are aggravated you will want to workout, in theory:happy:
  • MOMvsFOOD
    I have a whiny awful man who sits next to me all day at work, so between the two of them ...... I just want to run to Wendys

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Now I know how I got here .....
  • orting514
    orting514 Posts: 153
    Maybe it's like smoking, it's a coping mechanism so whenever you're stressed it's what you want, or it was your former way of handling it. The more times you deal with it another way-by working out, say-then someday when you are aggravated you will want to workout, in theory:happy:

This entry hit home with me, im not sure why, but its very true, running to the food is a copeing mechanism, its like kissing the boo boo to make it feel better. Last night i nearly blew it big time, i was frustrated and mad, and headed to the grocery store next door to fill up on JUNK, but i didnt do it, i thaught this is not the answer, so i put it all back and got some of those 100 calerie snack packs. Maybe theres hope for all of us if we think, "DAMB IT, I'M WORTH IT!!!!"
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Unfortunately it is a mental thing. That kind of food makes you feel good. It takes away your stress. It fills you with a sense of control. You yearn for it when you're feeling out of sorts because it is comforting. I struggle with this very same thing every day. But I want to reach for sugar. I hope you can find another way today to release your frustration and ease your emotions. One day at a time ♥

Best wishes,
    You new Pal ~ Diane
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,638 Member
    whenever my husband works my nerves and my life more difficult, I yearn for a bag of cheeseburgers and some fries :(

because you can't bring yourself to beat him with a shovel and try to bury him in the back yard.:tongue::tongue: (how many Cals would that burn on the MFP calculator)

as a side note: this is why I bought a house with a fully cemented back yard .... much harder to dig up, in case someone get mad at me.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Really do they make him calmer? Come on you know it won't make you feel better. You can deal with your feelings about it and either talk with him or walk and leave your anger/angst behind you. Each step you take just think about leaving it behind you. Sometimes the song Bulletproof helps too. :) The cheeseburgers and fries will just make you feel worse. You can control it. :)
  • MOMvsFOOD

because you can't bring yourself to beat him with a shovel and try to bury him in the back yard.:tongue::tongue: (how many Cals would that burn on the MFP calculator)

as a side not this is why I bought a house with a fully cemented back yard .... much harder to dig up, in case someone get mad at me.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OH MY WORD.... you had me at shovel :love:

I wont lie, sometimes its sweets, sometimes its salts. Its a huge issue for me. We had a big fight 2 weeks ago about him promising to come home from work and grill dinner for the fam, and instead going to happy hour and coming home late. I was hurt, and disappointed, and being on a new diet starving. That night I went to town on a bag of hersheys kisses. I couldnt stop and didnt make me feel better afterwards, but I couldnt stop.
  • Lexie71
    Lexie71 Posts: 144 Member
    The thing to remember is the cheeseburgers and fries will only make you feel better for as long as you are eating them...and being emotional it will probably go faster than usual even...then you will still be mad/stressed AND uncomfortably full and regretful.
    If you are not hungry, cheeseburgers won't help....
    Imagine if you told him you were angry and he said, "So go eat a bag of cheeseburgers and fries......" you'd never accept that answer!!! :)
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Really do they make him calmer? Come on you know it won't make you feel better. You can deal with your feelings about it and either talk with him or walk and leave your anger/angst behind you. Each step you take just think about leaving it behind you. Sometimes the song Bulletproof helps too. :) The cheeseburgers and fries will just make you feel worse. You can control it. :)

That is a good song! and I know you are right. Junky food makes me feel junky, always. Its so hard not reaching for that stuff though when my happy state of mind is thrown. I ate my lunch from home, had some water, and some quality MFP time. Its not only that I wont feel good, but I dont want to disappoint all of you who are so supportive and there to lift each other up when we need it.

THANK YOU
  • Why is it when your husband works your nerves and you want a cheeseburger I instantly want to jump off that same ledge with you :-). Ahhh, the power of suggestion!

I have a co-worker that religiously attends Wendy's. The SMELL of a Biggie Fry makes me salivate like a puppy. At least I can take solace in the fact that their new fries kind of suck :-).
  • Lexie71
    Lexie71 Posts: 144 Member
    their new fries DO suck!
This discussion has been closed.