It's just a number, it's just a number...

Options
I have to keep telling myself that to keep from giving up. It took one lazy Sunday to break my 849 day streak on MFP.

I can't believe I let that thought creep in to my head: give up just because I got knocked down to Day 1. The number of continual days on MFP don't have anything to do with my past or current success nor will starting over effect losing that last ten pounds.

Today is the first day of the next 849 days. I can totally do this. Again.

Y'all are with me yah?

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I just turn those notifications and stuff off. It's okay to take a day off now and then.
  • Artionis
    Artionis Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This thread on the identical topic from 2013 was recently resurrected. Probably you'll get very similar responses.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1128959-lost-another-streak-incredibly-frustrated
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I had almost a 300 day streak going and I didn't log on super bowl sunday. I was so ticked!! I'm back up to 246
  • SabrinaLily
    Options
    I'm on a 15 day streak which I think is my personal best. Lol! Sometimes though, I think it's enough just to give a damn. That's the whole point. It's not (entirely) about the logging but more about the logic behind it - caring about what you put in your body. Honestly, kudos to you for even caring because that's half the battle! :)))))))
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Yep turned mine off as well... I would be around 1000 now, but instead it only shows 200+. Y'all know me and know I've been around. Let it go... Let it go... Now that damn song is in m head!!!!
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    That's so funny, I lost my streak yesterday too! It was only 200 something, and in fact it would have been probably 450 or so but I lost my first streak from being sick a day. Oh well, every day is like a fresh start anyway so why not? No big deal.