Went overboard yesterday

Options
Yesterday I skipped my aerobics class because I have an old knee injury that was flaring up. Then I went crazy with my calories, ended up having 3 beers after dinner, and was over by 646 calories! On days where I work out and stay under my calorie count, I feel amazing and like losing weight is going to be no problem. Then on days like yesterday, it almost makes me feel like throwing in the towel. Blah.

Replies

• erinjoy002
    erinjoy002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    just get back on track today! It's okay to have an off day... as long as it's not everyday! Don't beat yourself up.. just get back on track!
  • erinjoy002
    erinjoy002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    just get back on track today! It's okay to have an off day... as long as it's not everyday! Don't beat yourself up.. just get back on track!
  • willhare
    willhare Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I worked out yesterday, but totally went over my calories at a little party. For me, it's nice to have those days from time to time. It's all about what you do after. Just get back into the groove, and you'll be back to normal almost immediately. I literally gained 1.6 lbs after pigging out last night, but the reality is that the weight is temporary. According to my scale, my body fat didn't change at all, so the weight is just water retention, etc. I'm sure after I workout tonight, I'll be right back to my normal weight, like yesterday never happened.

Never throw in the towel, or the crappy feeling you have will remain for way longer than a day or so:) Good luck!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Today's a new day. And really, 600+ calories is only 1/6th of a pound, so don't let it get you down.
  • emilyadel
    emilyadel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree, there is no way every day is going to be perfect! I find it comforting that every day is a new day with a fresh start of calories. Also, and I don't know if this is recommended or not, but if I overindulge the day before, I make it a point to meet my calories the next day but try to "save" a few fat grams since I went over the day before. Almost like "roll over minutes" haha. It makes me feel better about it!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    We all have those days. Don't sweat it. Just shake it off and keep on doing your best most days. I had a bad day this week, too. Went over by about 650 cals. Felt so guilty, but the next day I tried to just shake it off and do the right things. Good luck to you!
  • meganld
    meganld Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, it's just so disheartening to see that big red 646 at the bottom of my page!

bmacneil - that 1/6 of a lb. fact was really helpful! :smile: