this is why *I* usually follow the suggested serving sizes

Options
my boyfriend made (well heated up) a tonys pizza. serving size is 1/3 the pizza but he cut it in fourths. he took half of it, then cut the the other 2 pieces into half, so there was 4. (My daughters needed the smaller pieces.) I ate the 1 piece that was left, and IDK how to log it!

Replies

• beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    calculate the calories in the whole pizza and then divide by 8, since you ate an eighth of the pizza.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You can change the serving size in the drop down menu for the food, Instead of using the 1/3 serving size, use the whole container serving size and then put in .125 for 1/8 pizza that you ate.
  • denni514
    denni514 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Use a calculator. 1/3 x 3 = total calories for whole pizza. Divide by 8 to get the one piece you ate 9the 1/2 of the 4th)
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Multiply the calories per serving by 3. Then divide that by 4. Divide that by 2 (the half your husband too), then divide that number by 4 (the four pieces he cut the other half into). Then multiply that number by the number of pieces (it sounds like 1?) of that that you ate.
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    You can change the serving size in the drop down menu for the food, Instead of using the 1/3 serving size, use the whole container serving size and then put in .125 for 1/8 pizza that you ate.
    AHHHHHHH of course! Thank you!
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Ok this is what I do with stuff like that:

Say a serving is 1/3 for 250 calories, that equals 750 for the whole thing.

So your BF cut it into 1/4 originally: that would then make each "piece" be 750/4=187.5 calories.

You said he then cut the remaining to pieces into 2 others. That would then be 187.5/2=93.75.

This would mean you ate 93.75 calories of that pizza. You would then divide that by the 250 calories it says is a serving. That would then equal: 93.75/250 which is .375 of a serving.
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I see most of the tony's in the database have a 1/3 serving and a full pizza...you could just log the piece as .125 of a whole pizza.
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options

Or yes you could do this. For some reason it didn't quickly come to me that you at 1/8th of the pizza. hahaha
  • darrenw74
    darrenw74 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    So you ate a serving size equal to 1/4 of the pizza?
    The nutrition suggestion is 1/3 so multiply that by 3 to get the whole pizza. Now divide by 4 to get your portion.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Wow math problems. I was told there would be no need for algebra in real life.

I got one 1/8 also, but it's not 1/8 of the serving size, it's 1/8 of the whole pizza. So I would do .5 of the serving. I know it's a little off but close enough to move on.