DEXA Scan

Options
I am having a DEXA scan done on Saturday. Has anyone on here had one?

I am pretty excited about getting the results. We constantly hear about how, it's not about weight loss but fat loss. Yet it is so difficult to accurately track fat loss. Since DEXA Scan is the new gold standard in body composition analysis, I am eager to see the results no matter how dreary and bad they may be. At least then I will be able to determine where I need to go from here.

Any comments or thoughts welcomed.

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I just had one last week. I bought a follow up one too, and get a discount if I improve my BF% by enough.

It was ridiculously simple.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I've had just about every damn scan, lol.

They're all easy. The hardest part is staying still.
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just had one last week. I bought a follow up one too, and get a discount if I improve my BF% by enough.

I see your from the Windy City. Did you go to DEXAfit?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Yes.
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options

Yes.

I am going there as well. I am from MI. I will be spending Friday night at my folks who live in SW corner of MI and driving to Chicago for 8am appt.

Do I need to worry about parking?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

Yes.
    I see you're at 99 lost. In case I miss it, Congrats on losing 100 pounds. That's awesome! Go you! :)