Make ahead meals?

Hello all. I need ideas for make ahead meals for myself and my husband.

I need roughly 10 for my husband (5 of one and 5 of another) and 6 for myself.

He wont eat the make ahead salads, but I will.

What are your go-to's

Replies

• AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Seriously??
  • IvyLuci
    IvyLuci Posts: 117 Member
    Well, you didn't really give people much information to work with.

a. what type of food do you usually eat? is it low carb, does it need to be with or without something, what is the calorie range you are working with
    b. do you need to eat it cold or do you have ways to heat it up, how long will it pass since defrosting and eating
    c. how much are you willing to prepare food at the time of serving (does everything need to be frozen or just the main dish)
    d. why doesn't whatever google suggests to you work

As far as constructive suggestions:
    -minced meat, with whichever vegetables you like, and cooking cream. divide into portions and freeze. the night before cook extra veggies if you want. mix, add some shredded cheese on top, some walnuts

-muffins with spinach and feta cheese

-lentils and chickpeas, cooked then blended, mixed with eggs and flour. make pancakes but don't fry all the way. freeze. before eating heat up for a minute in the microwave, then fry all the way

-lasagna in single serving portions
  • srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    I made an Excel spreadsheet with a food database of foods and recipes I like. Each entry includes serving, calorie and macro data. Each week I add a new tab and I figure out an interesting meal to bulk cook for lunch adjusting portions as needed to hit my nutrition goals. My wife and I are generally able to eat similar meals with slight adjustments to portion size. My current macro goals are 25% carbs, 40% fat and 35% protein. I'm eating in a deficit to lose weight and do a lot of strength training and cardio.

My lunch this week is:
    - 6 oz shredded Mexican spiced chicken sous vide
    - 1/2 serving of Mexican-style rice (prepared with brown Basmati rice)
    - 1/2 serving 2% Mexican 4 cheese blend
    - 1/2 serving refried beans
    - 1 serving full fat sour cream
    - 1 serving homemade salsa fresca (diced tomatoes, onion and jalapenos with lime juice)

My wife's version uses 3.5 oz of chicken, 2 servings of salsa fresca, 1 serving of homemade quacomole, and no sour cream.

I bulk cook most weekends, so I sent you a friend request in case you want some more ideas going forward.

Sam