Gaining weight and tonification

Options
Hell there I'm new here; just looking some ideas of what workouts will be good for gaining 20 pounds withing 8 weeks, as well as tonification. I;m about 6'2'' and currently weight 160 lbs.

I just don't know where to begin.

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'd get rid of the 8 week deadline. I'm assuming you want to add muscle weight? Can't be done in that small a time frame. Sure you could add a couple of pounds of muscle and a load of fat just by eating loads.

If you want to gain muscle, set a decent surplus (500ish cals) and put the work in. At that rate, you should gain half and half muscle and fat.

Google hypertrophy routines if your main aim is adding muscle - I can't recommend any first hand as I concentrate on strength.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Eat railroad spikes and chocolate milk for maximum tonification
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    I'd get rid of the 8 week deadline. I'm assuming you want to add muscle weight? Can't be done in that small a time frame. Sure you could add a couple of pounds of muscle and a load of fat just by eating loads.

If you want to gain muscle, set a decent surplus (500ish cals) and put the work in. At that rate, you should gain half and half muscle and fat.

Google hypertrophy routines if your main aim is adding muscle - I can't recommend any first hand as I concentrate on strength.

^This. Plus I don't think he's a troll. I just think that English may not be his mother tongue.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I just assumed 'google translator' :blushing:
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    20 lbs in 8 weeks?!?!?! :noway: :noway: :noway:

If you figure out that with tonification....be sure you bottle and sell that stuff....
    I'll buy
  • muggzie399
    muggzie399 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    What really is tonification????
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    20 lbs in 8 weeks?!?!?! :noway: :noway: :noway:

If you figure out that with tonification....be sure you bottle and sell that stuff....
    I'll buy

I think you are tonification Seth..... :bigsmile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Time for another dog pile.
  • FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    20lbs takes a good bit of time. 20lbs and tone takes ALOT of dedication and hard work. You need a clean diet with a good workout plan. Just me speaking my opinion but I would say 40 weeks would be a good timeline for that amount of weight, maybe 35-38 if you dont eat clean. I agree with what the other guy said, look up a hypertrophy plan with a good diet plan and get to work!