Gobsmacked!

Options
Yesterday was crazy!!. According to fitbit I logged over 21,000 steps, almost 16km, 78 active min and 1067 cal burnt according to MFP (2,833 according to fitbit but never use that as always too high).....I am wiped, it was a crazy busy day and I worked out.... My all time record since the "lifestyle" change. Could not have physically done this on basis of cardio, pain in knees/feet previously.....I am gobsmacked :)
It was hard to walk 1000 steps at beginning.

What are your gobsmacked moments?

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Mine was probably the day I ran a half marathon in San Diego and then followed it up by spending the afternoon walking around Sea World. I woke up the next morning feeling great when I thought I wouldn't be able to move.
  • southernbuttercup
    southernbuttercup Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Maybe I will feel that way in a couple of weeks when I complete my little 5k. Not much, I know, but for me it is!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I was pretty "proud" of myself when I went from being able to ride a bike 6 miles when I started losing weight to finishing a 100 mile century ride in 100+ degree whether a couple months ago. I still get somewhat shocked when I look at different maps and the thought of riding 40-50 miles pretty routinely.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Maybe I will feel that way in a couple of weeks when I complete my little 5k. Not much, I know, but for me it is!

Don't discount yourself. A 5K is a great accomplishment. Good luck to you.
  • angjolras
    Options
    When I completed my Coopers running test, even though I had a hip fracture prior to getting an MFP account and starting my work out regimen.
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Mine was probably the day I ran a half marathon in San Diego and then followed it up by spending the afternoon walking around Sea World. I woke up the next morning feeling great when I thought I wouldn't be able to move.
    That's awesome
  • phyllb
    Options
    that's a great goal. I am hoping to do a 5k mad warrior dash in summer. Normally I won't run cause of a trauma damaged knee
  • phyllb
    Options
    I was pretty "proud" of myself when I went from being able to ride a bike 6 miles when I started losing weight to finishing a 100 mile century ride in 100+ degree whether a couple months ago. I still get somewhat shocked when I look at different maps and the thought of riding 40-50 miles pretty routinely.
    Helluva set of biking calves. That is amazing