Looking for some CrossFit Friends

Options
Hello Folks,

I have been doing CrossFit for almost 4 months with amazing results and I thought it would be fun and helpful to have a few friends that are into CrossFit... plus share their diets.

Send me an invite or post here and I will send you an invite.

Thanks,

Avi

Replies

• TeeJay2011
    TeeJay2011 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Avi:

I've been doing CrossFit off and on for over a year. I would love to connect with you and other CrossFitters for advice and motivation.

I'm just starting back again after a hiatus (personal reasons), so essentially I feel like I'm starting all over again. Right now I'm doing 1:1 training with a CrossFit coach once a week. I will be starting back to the classes at the box soon.

How is your journey with CrossFit so far?

Thanks,
    Tammy :)
  • Aviation21
    Aviation21 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hello TeeJay,

My journey has been exciting and very rewarding. I have almost completed 4 months, lost about 14-15 lbs and went from a 38" to 34" waist.

I started with 2 classes a week for the first month and then move to 3 classes a week. The instructors are very good, making sure I do not hurt myself... big focus on form... doing it right before I am allowed to lift any real weight. The members are some of the most awesome people I have ever met! We are all very supportive of each other, from the beginners to the advance members.

I am still doing a lot of stuff scaled which is fine, the results for 4 months speak for themselves.

I always look forward to my next workout!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    There's a group for CrossFitters called CrossFit Love. We are all over there. The forums aren't always so welcoming to our kind. :wink:
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I dont do traditional Crossfit, mine is more a Crossfit bootcamp. I was a member of the Crossfit group on here, but they were kind of exclusive, so I left. I love the style of Crossfit I do!!! It has helped me so much!! I am just getting back at it and need some motivation to kick it into high gear!!!!
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    There's a group for CrossFitters called CrossFit Love. We are all over there. The forums aren't always so welcoming to our kind. :wink:

This. Us Crossfitters are weird and scary to normal folks.
  • Aviation21
    Options

There is a group? D'OH!

I will check it out!

hum? Am I one of those kind? LOL
  • thoseAmericanthighs
    Options

I'll pile on to this sentiment. We become especially scary when we've done it for almost 5 years with constant strength gains and without major injuries.
  • _BearNecessities_
    Options

I'll pile on to this sentiment. We become especially scary when we've done it for almost 5 years with constant strength gains and without major injuries.

D'oh!! You just jinxed yourself!!!!!!
  • thoseAmericanthighs
    Options

nahhh. The longer I've been in it the more I know what I need to do and not do to avoid injury and gain strength.

I also know how to listen to my body a lot better. As a noob, I was a lot more prone to hand tears, shin scrapes, overworked muscles. Now I recognize the signs and stop when necessary.
  • _BearNecessities_
    Options

nahhh. The longer I've been in it the more I know what I need to do and not do to avoid injury and gain strength.

I also know how to listen to my body a lot better. As a noob, I was a lot more prone to hand tears, shin scrapes, overworked muscles. Now I recognize the signs and stop when necessary.

Smart girl. :drinker:
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

tumblr_midc0gQ4Gc1r9c8mno1_500.gif
  • Aviation21
    Options

tumblr_midc0gQ4Gc1r9c8mno1_500.gif

I guess there is some truth here... I have started to make it a point to not bring up CrossFit in social gatherings. Again, how weird is that?
  • jimvic37
    Options
    I've been CrossFitting for three years now. I have my L-1 cert, CrossFit Kids cert and also Oly cert. Didn't start until I was 50 years old and was so far out of shape it scared me. Well I've dropped 55 pounds and couldn't be happier! Looking forward to conversing with fellow CrossFitter here in the forum.