When do you crave sweets? I crave it when i overeat.

Options
I have recently noticed, the meals i overeat, i crave something sweet right away, leading to more overeating.
I overeat when i am not paying attention..so i eat quickly and my stomach doesn't get the message that i am full...

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the sweets, so I make room in my caloric allowance for a treat everyday. I don't know that I crave them, because I don't go without them.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    This is ME. I'm not saying anyone (much less everyone!) else is like this.

If I have carbs (like a bowl of pasta) and do not do some exercise pretty damn quickly, I will crave more carbs and sweets. It will continue all day if I don't get some good, strong exercising done. When I get up the next day, the cravings are gone.

When I drank Diet Pepsi, I wanted sweets more. I was on and off that stuff so many times that I saw the pattern.

Also, just before my period. Like crazy. It's very difficult to resist.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    All of the time.
    I want it all of the time.
  • desidieter
    Options
    I typically crave sweets after a really spicy meal or when it's my time of the month.
  • FeelinTheLove
    Options
    I only crave sweets on days that end in "y."
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    You know, I never really noticed. I have chocolate protein powder and drink a berry smoothie almost every day so my "sugar" cravings are pretty covered I guess. I havnt really craved actually "candy" for over a month now. Sometimes I crave icecream but not often and I now have 100 calorie icecream bars for that but I don't think there is an actual trigger, I just want it sometimes because I like it. I'm going to try to start paying closer attention to this.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

If I have carbs (like a bowl of pasta) and do not do some exercise pretty damn quickly, I will crave more carbs and sweets. It will continue all day if I don't get some good, strong exercising done. When I get up the next day, the cravings are gone.

When I drank Diet Pepsi, I wanted sweets more. I was on and off that stuff so many times that I saw the pattern.

Ditto. Starchy or refined carbs beget starchy or refined carbs for me.
  • mrsmcmo
    mrsmcmo Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I crave sweets after I have them, generally. When I have refined sugar, I want more and more. If I can manage to starve off the craving for a day or so, it often will go away.
  • Baerhold
    Options
    I used to crave sweets all the time. But about 5 months ago, I cut out all sugar, flour, rice, and grains of any kind. I also cut out fruit. the first week or two was tough, but after that, I felt great. Once in a while now, I will have some fruit. and that is sweet enough for me these days.
    I believe that the cravings I used to have for sweets were due to an addiction to sugar/flour/grains and the insulin spike that they caused.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I used to crave sweets all the time. But about 5 months ago, I cut out all sugar, flour, rice, and grains of any kind. I also cut out fruit. the first week or two was tough, but after that, I felt great. Once in a while now, I will have some fruit. and that is sweet enough for me these days.
    I believe that the cravings I used to have for sweets were due to an addiction to sugar/flour/grains and the insulin spike that they caused.
    You should try the fruit again and see how you do. I can eat all the berries I want and it results in no cravings of any kind.

If you want. If you don't want to try it, of course you should not!

All I am saaaaay-ing....is Give Fruit A Chance. ;)
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options

If I eat a carb heavy snack late at night I turn into a food Hulk and eat everything in sight. I have to be careful about that.
  • nickalow11
    nickalow11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew the correlation! For me, It's always a craving for sugar/candy. I try to eat fruit, strawberries/apples to fend it off, but it rarely works. Suggestions welcome!
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i would say the same as most, all the time. I do try to have plenty of natural sweetness with fruit of many varieties and have completely cut out fizzy drinks. but i also allow myself a taste and savor the flavour.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Happens if I have a large meal, or more than just a small amount of something processed and sugary.
    Only way I have got past it in the past, was by simply eliminating cake, milk chocolate etc, and getting in a very hard, sweaty workout when I did overload on the sweet stuff to get it out of my system. Just seems to set off a chain reaction in me when I eat rich, sweet foods, annoyingly.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    All of the time.
    I want it all of the time.
    1NIR9lk.gif

Me, I just have some of whatever I'm craving. I've learned that when I sub something "healthier", I end up eating whatever I was craving in addition to the "healthier" option. Having a Reese's peanut butter cup is less calories than a piece of fruit AND the PB cup.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I tend to have my worst sweets cravings when I'm feeling tired, sick, or rundown. It's like my body's looking for a pick-me-up.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I only crave sweets on days that end in "y."

LOL! This!

I like salty things sometimes, but sweets I could eat them for every meal.
  • LazyCatPame
    LazyCatPame Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    All the time... I always manage to get a Kit Kat for breakfast and three dark chocolate squares during the day (plus sugar-free bubblegum). It gets kinda bad in that tom.
  • MamaNatalie13
    Options
    Mostly at the end of the day or when I'm bored/a combination of the two.
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I crave pretty much everything at night. I try to save a chunk of my daily calories so I can have a big bowl of cereal at night and that usually satisfies the cravings... unless I stay up later than I intended to.