Sorry i dont know how to upload pictures

http://i62.tinypic.com/2dtqa74.png

Am i doing this site wrong? lol
i didnt think being under by 98 calories was that bad

Replies

• R2Detoo
    R2Detoo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    to be honest, I've found out that the gut reaction of people when I tell them that I'm counting calories is "Oh no only anorexic people do that!" :|

Brush off her comments, you're definitely fine, a 100 cal difference isn't going to hurt you, and who knows maybe you'll eat 100 cal extra sometime that week so it evens out in the end.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    if that's the worst thing that happens to you ... you've got it made. being under by 98 calories for a day is not going to hurt your metabolism. I don't think you're doing anything wrong. if you've lost 70# so far, good for you. you obviously have done something right.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You're fine. Try not to go more than 1000 under your TDEE.

100 under your goal is only 850 under TDEE, should be ok.

Keep up the good work.
  • thinkpositive92
    thinkpositive92 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    HAHA your friends a little cray cray. I could understand if you were eating under 1200 cals... but come on! Some people are just really stubborn with their own opinions but don't take it to heart.. I'm sure she meant well but just isn't all that educated on the subject. Show her who's boss after you get to your goal weight and she's still paranoid about her cals :indifferent:
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I don't know all your stats but 1789 calories per day seems likely a reasonable number and a few calories below (or above, for that matter) won't have dire consequences. Below is a link to a post that explains the calculations. I think that the more you understand the numbers for yourself, the more comfortable you will be with what you are doing.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Shoot. I was proud of myself for being 8 calories under my goal. And I'm sure I've got plenty more from an extra bite here and there, condiments, and low calorie drinks.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    ahaha.

You gave such nice, polite answers!
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    2dtqa74.png
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I don't think that person knows what they are talking about. Why would they think eating 1600 calories a day would "slow" your metabolism? If you set your goal to 2 lbs per week the site would have you eating less calories than you are now, so the fact that they tell you to follow what the site says and then also say you are going to do harm by eating 100 calories under your goal makes pretty much no sense at all.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't think that person knows what they are talking about. Why would they think eating 1600 calories a day would "slow" your metabolism? If you set your goal to 2 lbs per week the site would have you eating less calories than you are now, so the fact that they tell you to follow what the site says and then also say you are going to do harm by eating 100 calories under your goal makes pretty much no sense at all.

All true. Not to mention the idea that there's one best number (1800) for everyone.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    tell her you just ate a tbsp. of butter to make up for your calorie deficit.
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    To put it politely, she's an idiot.

tsd.gif
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I hope you deleted that friend. You don't need those sorts as a part of your journey.

100 calories under is no huge deal. It won't ruin anything. They are crazy.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    It always amazes me as soon as people realise you're trying to lose some weight they all suddenly become experts on nutrition.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Not to mention that calories counting is so inexact anyway, from the calculations as to the calories you should be eating, to the calculation of your burns, to the calculation of the calories in the food you ate... all of them can go either way from what you track, so actually being accurate within 100 calories is probably close to impossible! So fretting over sticking that close is a waste of energy.

Unless you aren't counting the burn from that waste of energy, then you should probably be eating that back or your metabolism will stall.
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    How come people who know nothing do it so loudly? lol