looking for people similar to me

Options
Hi. I have been overweight/obese since middle school. I'm 5'6" and have fluctuated between 175-240. I am looking to be around 150. I am working to get my food intake in check by logging everything and currently do zumba occasionally and frequent the gym 4 days a week. I will most likely go to the gym more often after I return from vacation in 2 weeks. At the gym I warm up on the treadmill for 15 minutes and alternate upper and lower body machines. I usually follow that up with 30-45 minutes on the arc trainer. I would love to hear success stories from people similar to me. Any tips would be appreciated

Replies

• ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Anyone
  • pamcris
    pamcris Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi there! As a kid I was too a little overweight, when I turned 16 I got worried about being fat and started dieting all the time, to the point that I was only eating once a day. I did lose a lot of weight and at that point I was around 155lbs at 5'2", I looked good, but felt like crap. Later on in life I figured that I liked how I looked and felt when I was around 135lbs and struggled to stay at that weight for a long time. After my first pregnancy 3 years ago I went from 150lbs to 210lbs in less than 6 months. I got pregnant again during that time, and after my second one was born I decided it was time for a change. I've been working out and eating healthy for the past 10 months and I have achieved several of the goals I've set for myself. Right now I have 17lbs to go before I hit my next goal, 135!!! I workout 6 days a week. I do cardio every day and lift 3x a week. I try to eat healthy, but allow myself a cheat day a week. So far so good, and I'm more motivated than ever!

Feel free to add me if you want :)

Good luck!
  • desidieter
    Options
    Hi there. My starting weight was 183-185 and my goal weight is 120-130. I'm 5'1", so several inches shorter than you, but I definitely know what's like to have fluctuating weight and how frustrating that can be. I joined MFP a long time ago but then never really stuck with it. Now I'm back and have managed to lose more than 10 pounds, which is a first for me in a long, long time.

I can't really comment on your workout regimen, but I do know that persistence and hard work pay off. And remember that food is the key, not exercise. Not saying you shouldn't exercise, but just make sure that you're really paying attention to what you eat/how much you consume. Find a caloric deficit that is healthy and safe for your body and particular needs, and then get creative!

Feel free to add me if you'd like. And best of luck on your journey toward health and wellness.
  • nharr002
    nharr002 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am 26 years old, about 5'7 in height. At my heaviest weight, right when I graduated from high school, I was 297 pounds. Even when I was heavier, I was very active. I played softball all of my life, but just ate crap. Currently, on any given day I am between 194-197. I have lost over 100 pounds by making healthier choices, watching my portion control and working out. My current fitness obsessions are strength training and running. I am currently training to run my first half marathon on Feb. 28th... I plan to run the whole thing. My goal weight is somewhere between 150-160, I'm not exactly sure yet. My goal really is just based on how I feel, as I dream of having a fit body. I'm just enjoying this journey and love watching my body change. Feel free to add me so that we can support each other. :)
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    Thank you all for the support
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    nharr002 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am 26 years old, about 5'7 in height. At my heaviest weight, right when I graduated from high school, I was 297 pounds. Even when I was heavier, I was very active. I played softball all of my life, but just ate crap. Currently, on any given day I am between 194-197. I have lost over 100 pounds by making healthier choices, watching my portion control and working out. My current fitness obsessions are strength training and running. I am currently training to run my first half marathon on Feb. 28th... I plan to run the whole thing. My goal weight is somewhere between 150-160, I'm not exactly sure yet. My goal really is just based on how I feel, as I dream of having a fit body. I'm just enjoying this journey and love watching my body change. Feel free to add me so that we can support each other. :)

You look great!