Aussie spring and summer workout plans!

Options
Heya OZ peeps!!

With spring setting in and summer round the corner in the beautiful Australia, I would like to use the best whether to my advantage and go out and spend more calories!!

I have set a challenge with a perk - I would gift myself a road bike in Dec if I lose 7 kilos by then. Its difficult for me to lose weight historically but I baaaddlly want to get there!

Could anyone suggest good workout ideas so I could achieve this? I go to a gym (member of Goodlife health club) and workout for about 1 hour every evening (for 6 days a week) and do hatha yoga every morning. I want to add long walk/ trek sessions during weekends. I welcome ideas so I could change my routine at the gym. I am so confused and lost with options: Gym group fitness sessions or HIIT or Crossfit or circuit or regular cardio + weights or some DVD workouts available in the market? Please suggest a good mix for the week and if any good weekly plans that I could use for a good mix.

I am also looking for local buddies with similar goals. Please feel free to add me.

Thanks in advance for all the help! :)

Cheers!

Replies

• stormydaze_02
    stormydaze_02 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar position. I am a member of my closest YMCA and local gym. I'm pretty good with the exercise and I tend to do mostly classes as I get a bit slack when I do things by myself. I like to mix it up and do boxing, RPM, Zumba, Sh'bam, weights, core. I don't really stick to a routine as I love to try new things. After gaining 10kg since Feb this year (even with exercising - my diet isn't the best LOL), I'm now doing boot camp twice a week for 10 weeks which is something different for me - loving exercising outside with a great team of people who are all supporting one another!
  • Sparklever
    Sparklever Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar position. I am a member of my closest YMCA and local gym. I'm pretty good with the exercise and I tend to do mostly classes as I get a bit slack when I do things by myself. I like to mix it up and do boxing, RPM, Zumba, Sh'bam, weights, core. I don't really stick to a routine as I love to try new things. After gaining 10kg since Feb this year (even with exercising - my diet isn't the best LOL), I'm now doing boot camp twice a week for 10 weeks which is something different for me - loving exercising outside with a great team of people who are all supporting one another!

Thats great!! :) Thanks for the FR, Lets make the most of spring. I just joined fitbit challenges .. There is a group on facebook for fitbit users in Australia. Great bunch of people and is pretty competitive. Loving it!
  • DeterminedBex
    DeterminedBex Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Will send FR- also in Aust.