First Goal Reached - 45 lbs lost!

Options
I started my weight loss journey in late August, with a target loss of 45 lbs. As of this morning, I hit my goal and am thrilled!

I have been using this site for several months, but this is my very first post. I want to thank everyone for sharing their stories and providing inspiration for all. For all of the comments and support that are shared in response to each success story, there are probably 10x as many individuals silently benefiting from your motivational words. Keep them coming!

I have a couple of pics in my profile that show some progress.

Replies

• scotty38886
    scotty38886 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope your enjoying the new you lol, If you had 1 tip to offer after your sucsess what would it be :)
  • Jebw123
    Jebw123 Posts: 24
    Options
    Exercise. It really works. I have built myself up to doing roughly 45 mins of cardio 6x a week. A good sweat is a sure sign of progress.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! Pics???
  • Jebw123
    Options
    Just pics in my profile for now.
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Great job! You've really done fantistic! Isn't it great to know you've made it where you are because of the hard work you have done!
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    Thats awesome!!!! Congrats to you.....you so be oh so proud.
  • 24man
    24man Posts: 58
    Options
    Very nice work. You worked hard and achieved your goal....NOW don't get complacent. Maintain what you've done by whatever way you can. Set up some new goals. Maintaining is difficult. So many people are yo-yo dieters. Stay the course. You worked hard. Keep those awesome results!
  • colettep
    Options
    Fair play to you! Impressed with your results!
  • Hotlips69
    Options
    Congratulations job well done! You can see the results from your pics!! Amazing!!
  • momuv3princesses
    momuv3princesses Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That is an awesome accomplishment. You look great! I wish I could get my husband on board with me. It is so cool you are doing it along with your wife!!! Best of luck to you both!
  • BrandonMB
    BrandonMB Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great job, I'm aiming for about the same amount of weight loss, so thanks for the inspiration!
  • Smokenmirrors
    Smokenmirrors Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great Job. How is the B.P and cholesterol? Same reason I started this Journey. Keep up the good work., You look great.
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm trying to lose 45 so I'm happy to hear that you did the same amount!! Way to go!!
  • CameraShy
    Options
    WTG!!!
  • txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Great job! 45 lbs gone in just a few months. Did you also do strength training?
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Great job man
  • Jebw123
    Options
    I am not doing strength training currently. I did for about 2 months, but with the addition of running 6x per week and basketball about 3x per week, my body wasn't handling all of the stress very well. I picked running over strength training for my short-term goal of the weight loss. I will probably reintroduce the weights once I have lost a bit more and am holding steady.
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look a lot younger!
  • Jebw123
    Options
    I haven't yet set up a follow-up physical with my doctor, but I am very confident that my BP is now in check. After only a few weeks of cardio and eliminating fast food, by BP was within a normal range when I had to go for a sick visit. I have also stopped getting headaches, which I had always attributed (at least in part) to my high BP.

I have no clue about my cholesterol at the moment.

I had been waiting to reach my first goal weight, before scheduling my visit. I guess the wait (for the weight) is over!
  • klthomas59
    klthomas59 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!