Reintroduction - Slipped Away

Options
After an absence of about a year, I'm looking for the things I was doing that made me successful the first time around. I had the willpower to resist temptations, I was exercising, I lost weight, I was cheering for people from MFP. I took a scary (yet thrilling) progress pic.

Then? I slowed down. I stopped logging my food. Working out was more work than fun. My nutrition slipped. Then slipped some more. I had an injury (first serious one ever!) that was challenging to work around.

But you know what? What really changed is I stopped believing in myself. I started to doubt myself and focus on my weaknesses, and the things I wasn't doing. It wasn't much fun hanging out in my head anymore. I didn't tell people how I felt, I just slowly slipped away.

I'm kind of tired of that gal and I'm working to change the things she says to me. I'm cheering the brief walk around the neighborhood. I'm back at the gym and trying to catch that fire again. I'm at MFP hoping for people that will read my mind (or at least my posts) and help catch me when I get in the slumps.

Replies

• LouLouBeans
    Options
    Welcome back :flowerforyou:
  • dareacceptor
    dareacceptor Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    :)
  • lhessler28
    lhessler28 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome back....I think most of us have slipped away one time or another. Some of us several times. This time is going to be different. Let's all put on our non-slip boots and meet our goals together :)
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. :) I vanished for awhile, too. Feel free to add me! I try to log on every day :)
  • hcunn14
    hcunn14 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm in a similar boat, and am looking to get back to feeling good!!
  • misslynn1976
    Options
    Welcome back! I too slipped away and just came back a week ago. I'm on everyday. I'll add you :)
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    It takes awhile for things to stick sometimes but the most important thing is to keep trying and to treat every day as it comes!

Welcome back and good luck :)
  • thechefslc
    thechefslc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I quit using MFP for about a year. It started as an attempt to get through the holiday season and just maintain my current weight at that time. Then I got out of it and never got back in until about 1 month ago. Welcome back and keep at it.