30 day shred!

Options
so ive just ordered this dvd. what do i need? do i need some weights? id never heard of it until i came on mfp. but loads of people seem to really like it. thanks!

Replies

• CanDeBar
    Options
    You will need some hand weights. I started with 2 pounds then worked up to 5 and so on. You could start with a 16oz can from your pantry depending on your present fitness level. It's a fun workout....I like that it's time efficient!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    i'm completing the program right now. I just finished day 22. You'll neet a mat if you're exercising on a hard surface & you'll need hand weights, but that's it. I find i'm most effective with 3lb weights.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Yes hand weights ( I ued 5lb ones) and a gym/yoga mat if your going to do it on a hard floor. Good luck, its my favourite workout dvd!
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Mine came today... (YES!!!!) And Im not prepared weights-wise... har well...can of beans will do!!
  • emilillymom
    Options
    I use 5lbs hand weights. Its a great DVD
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I have 3 pound hand weights. You can effectively do it with no weights if you remember to clench those muscles. If I do round 2, I will get 5 pound weights.
  • BeccyBerry
    Options
    My favourite dvd.... hard so hard to start with but definately stick with it. It does get easier. Good luck xx
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    The selling point for me is that its only 20 mins! Which means I could do it 2/3 times a week. Will try find my old weights
  • Erica9903
    Erica9903 Posts: 156
    Options
    I bought my copy at Wal Mart today along with 3 pound weights but I didn't get a mat...but I'm determined I'm doing it tonight anyway!! can't wait!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. Im getting some weight today :)

My hubby is dubious as he says 20 mins isnt enough to burn calories!!! Ah well will just have to show him :)

How would u log this as exercise?
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I log it under circuit training. According to my HRM I burn around 300 cals on level one and around 350 on lebels 2 and 3. It is only 20 mins, but those 20 mins are intense! Good luck!