Zumba for xBox Kinect

Options
Has anyone tried it? I'm thinking of trying it in conjunction with the treadmill.

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • blbradford87
    Options
    I have it on the wii and it rocks! You seriously POUR sweat! You can burn up to 1000 calories in an hour long workout! Soooo worth it!
  • workman83
    workman83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I got it for Christmas and tried it out a couple of times. Our problem is that our living room is so small that even pushing the sofa back doesn't quite give you all the room you need. I have also tried The Biggest Loser for Kinect and it is pretty acurate. They let you know if your lunges aren't deep enought (which could be a good thing or a bad thing). =)
  • mmelaniewalters
    Options
    ooh , now im tempted too :)
  • ashleyinthestars
    ashleyinthestars Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love it! I got it for Christmas and started off just doing the 20 minute workouts in conjunction with a Leslie Sansone workout. Earlier this week I did a 45 minute workout on beginner level and I was so tired (in a good way!) when I was done. You don't even realize you're working out (except for the super sweaty part, LOL)
  • workman83
    Options
    Has anyone tried the workout mode on Dance Central for Kinect? I was wondering about that.
  • jcch00
    jcch00 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hated it. The instructions were horrible and they went through the steps way too fast. It also could barely pick up my moves. I would be standing completely still and the instructor would tell me what a great job I was doing. We use a online rental store called Gamefly (think Netflix but for games) and are so happy we did not pay $ for this game. The reviews on Gamefly for the Kinect Zumba are also poor.
  • skbark
    skbark Posts: 5
    Options
    I have it for the wii and not only do I love it, but my kids do too! The 8 year old little guy uses it all the time. I am going to be in soooo much trouble when he's older. He's got some great moves in those little hips. LOL!
  • SailorMoon007
    SailorMoon007 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba and Dance Central. I prefer Dance Central (which also has a work out mode), but I would suggest you try both if you can. Both will get you sweating, and both are so much fun that you won't even notice that you're working out.
  • ISalazar16
    ISalazar16 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!! I will have to give it a try and let you know how it goes. I'm eager to see how many calories I will burn! :smile:
  • ISalazar16
    ISalazar16 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Woah.....tried the Zumba last night and burned 301 calories. Awesome workout!

I think this is my newfound routine.
  • GraemeSkinner
    GraemeSkinner Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know it's slightly off topic but I've been playing the Sports and Adventures that you get with the Kinect. They all get a good sweat on! Played adventures for 20 minutes and I was drenched!

Quite fancy the Dance central - it looks good for making a fool out of yourself when you have a party! :)
  • workman83
    Options
    We love Dance Central when friends are over. We play it for hours. Really does work up a sweat.

SailorMoon007, how is the workout mode?
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Several of you listed Just Dance.... is it for the Wii or Xbox? Do you need any special equipment?*curious*

I'm assuming that Wii Zumba uses the balance board and controller?

We have an Xbox, but no Knect... I have a Wii with a balance board. Just trying to figure out what is doable without haviing to purchase a bunch of equipment.

Shannon