Breakfast Bowl

oxavecamourxo
oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
Another recipe from hungry-girl.com I love that website! I just had this, and I must say it's pretty good. Instead of the Green Giant Just For One pack, I just steamed some broccoli and mixed in a slice of Kraft American cheese, but lowfat cheese would be even better. Also, instead of frying the Ore-Ida potatoes in oil, I just boiled them. It was a lot of work, but worth it. I think next time I make this, I'm going to make extra broccoli and extra bacon and just keep it in the fridge for later use. Less work the next time.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1283

Bowled Over!
We all DREAM of chowing down on ginormous breakfast bowls every now and then. HG is here to help you make that dream a reality...

Ingredients:
1 tray Green Giant Just for One Broccoli & Cheese Sauce
3/4 cup frozen potatoes O'Brien (like the kind by Ore-Ida)
3/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
1 slice Canadian bacon, chopped
2 tbsp. shredded fat-free cheddar cheese

Directions:
Prepare broccoli & cheese sauce according to package instructions. Set aside.

Bring a large pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add egg substitute and scramble for 2 - 3 minutes, until fully cooked. Place scrambled egg substitute in a microwave-safe bowl and set aside.

Remove pan from heat, re-spray with nonstick spray, and return pan to the stove. Raise heat to medium-high and add potatoes. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thawed and lightly browned.

Add Canadian bacon and cook until hot and a little crispy, about 1 - 2 minutes.

Add potato/bacon mixture to the bowl with the egg scramble. Add broccoli & cheese sauce and mix to combine.

Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the bowl, and microwave for 30 - 45 seconds, until cheese has melted. Grab a sturdy fork and dig in!

Serving Size: entire bowl
Calories: 262
Fat: 3.5g
Sodium: 1,306mg
Carbs: 23.5g
Fiber: 5g
Sugars: 4g
Protein: 31g

Replies

This discussion has been closed.