Hello

Options
Just joined... yesterday? Found the site through a friend of a friend.

I'm 32 years old and I've been overweight pretty much all my life and have only just recently taken steps to change that, but old habits are hard to break. I mean, I love to eat and eating something and watching television is so much easier than not eating something and going to the gym.

I try to go to the gym at least three times a week and I've lost some weight but the holidays put me back into old habits, so hopefully using this site will help keep me on point.

- Eddie

Replies

• Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Hi Murphy,

You'll be amazed at what you can achieve with your body with patience and persistence. Keep your eye on the long term goal and stay with it. You'll be glad you did!
  • fitmamaoftwins
    Options
    Welcome & good luck with all your fitness goals =)
  • lkbryson
    Options
    I'm in my late 30s. I seem to be gaining about two pounds every year. I used to be a size 8. Now, I'm pushing a size 10. I'm in need of a good 12 pound weight loss. I do NOT look good in a bikini. I miss my pre-babies, 20yr. body.
  • Astricker1
    Options
    i have not seen a result yet but i highly recomend zumba trust me its not just for girls. its lots of fun and a workout.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hi Eddie! Welcome! I know what you mean. This site has helped me be accountable for what I put into it. I'm in the process of making exercise a habit when I'm stressed as opposed to eating. Good luck on your journey!
  • tkrepps
    tkrepps Posts: 15
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Tracy and I just joined today. I have heard wonderful things about this site so I thought I would give it a shot. I want to lose 60 lbs and I know it will take a lot of hard work. I never had a weight problem until I hit 30. I was diagnosed with pcos and I have a hard time keeping off weight when I lose it. All I ever do anymore is think about what to have for the next meal of the day and that is not normal. I hope to use your posts for inspiration.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hey and welcome!!! This is the right place to be!! Best wishes to ya!!
  • SheliaN1960
    Options
    Hi Tracy and welcome!!! I hope that you will like it here as much as I do!! Best wishes on your journey!!!
  • SheliaN1960
    Options
    Hi and you look amazing! Great job!!!!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    same here with the holidays....totally killed the weightloss thing for me. I just joined this site on Weds. I hate going to the gym cuz I feel like everyone is secretly laughing at me, so I work out with my TV when my daughter is sleeping :wink:
  • murphy59
    Options
    same here with the holidays....totally killed the weightloss thing for me. I just joined this site on Weds. I hate going to the gym cuz I feel like everyone is secretly laughing at me, so I work out with my TV when my daughter is sleeping :wink:

I know how you feel. The gym where I work out is used mainly by college students who are, for the most part, super young and attractive. Took me a while to get over myself and realize I don't care what they think. :)
  • tkrepps
    tkrepps Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi Murphy,

I think it is great that you go to the gym. Good Luck to you with all of your goals.
  • MindyF68
    Options
    Hi Murphy59,
    Welcome and good luck. I just started mfp 2 weeks ago and I love the support you get. You can add me if you want to.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options

I feel ya! I have a Wii Fit Plus...amateur stuff, but it keeps me and the family off the couch. But serious workouts are walks and DVD. Last week I was talking to someone and when I said something about graduating in '91 they told me they hadn't even started school yet. I'm surrounded by 20-something in this college/military base town. :(

....when did I get OLD?!?! ;)