The fitting is in a month...

Options
If you view my profile, you can see that I am excitedly losing weight to fit into my lilac-colored, satin bridesmaid dress.

Here's the deal:
The fitting is March 5th
My sister's wedding is May 14th.

I am afraid that if I get my dress fitted to me on March 5th and I keep with my weight loss, that my dress will be too big for me on May 4th. Any ideas?

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    can you wait to get it fitted (or have it refitted) closer to the wedding?
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I just got married in August and I had the same thought about my dress (I bought it a year before the wedding). But try to schedule another fitting about a week or two before the big day to make sure any alterations can be made prior to the wedding.
  • xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i picked out my wedding dress in october and my wedding was in june by the may came around i was 40 pounds lighter. so i simply took it to a tailor and they fixed it and it only took a week :)

so you can do the fitting but maybe 2 weeks before the wedding take it to a tailor to have them take it in and adjust it.

its not that expensive either
  • nmpresto
    nmpresto Posts: 157
    Options
    I used to work at Davids Bridal and a lot of bridesmaids and brides came to us with this problem. I am not sure where your dress is from or what the sizes are like there but a good rule of thumb: to go down a size you have to lose 10-15 lbs (the smaller the size the less lbs, the larger the size the more lbs). So I would just go with your fitting on March 5th, and then try it on again early April and see what you think. That way you would still have a month to have it altered a second time if need be (I would make an appointment for April and then if it still fits you can always cancel it, just because that is a busy time at bridal shops/alterations and you don't want to not be able to get in).

Hope this helps!
  • jodygirl777
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I had to buy my bridesmaids dress months ago and bought a size 12. The wedding is March 12 and if all goes well I will be a size 8 by then.
    I am hoping to find someone who does cheap alterations. And if the fit isnt perfect...I will know I worked really hard for that baggy dress!