TOM (females only :))

Options
How do you females cope?!
I am on the pill, so I know when I come on my period. But the first day is the worst. I'm always hungry! Even if i eat a big dinner.
And I get emotional if I don't get what I want.

Does anyone get like that?!

Replies

• Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    I DO!! lol someone can just say "I'll do this by myself" and I'll get my feelings hurt! It's ridiculous!!! I get major chocolate cravings too
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hell to the yes, a good friend of mine who body builds (its a girl) told me when its our TOM our matabolisms, speed up so were hungry all the time, so she says to eat more and workout , it will be benefical when tom is over.
  • grumpybearchemo
    Options
    i go the complete opposite, where i wont eat anything but yeh get all emotional. this will be the first time ive had my period while on this diet EKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SevenisHeaven
    SevenisHeaven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    YUP! LOL I'm trying to make THIS tom different though. I have been sticking to the "diet" and not going over my calories *Hopefully* and am getting ready to do my FIRST EVER tom workout. Please, if you don't hear from me in 45 minutes, call for help..I may be on my floor in the fetal position crying like a sissy. :)
  • bbsimmons6
    bbsimmons6 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Haven't had to worry about it since I started mfp, but I'm trying to think about that now too. I know I will definitely have to exercise so I can have extra calories available. Definitely thinking fudgesicles. Also airpopped popcorn with measured butter is what I'm thinking for salt cravings.
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    HAHAH OMG!! You're not the only one. I was like that this week and pissy when I couldnt have enough chocolate or something salty. I treated myself to chocolate milk or some tiny pieces of dark chocolate but it was hard.
  • Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    So glad I'm not.
    I'm a weakling so I give in way too easily. Working on it though.
    I don't get cramps anymore due to the pill. I find myself icky to go out of the flat!
    Coudn't work out on the first day though, maybe the 2nd day when it's lighter!
  • tammilk
    tammilk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i totally get SALT cravings when TOM hits. Like i need chips or something. I try not to eat too much of something salty though because between the sodium and TOM, i would be a bloated balloon!
  • Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    I crave both!
    This sunday, I shall try eat less of the stuff I crave. But fill up on main meals! And if I go over, I go over....
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I get no cravings or moodiness when i am on mine!! Just some cramping maybe and thats it!! I guess im lucky!! lol