Stay ay home moms...

Options
What setting do you use? I don't know how active a mailman is...but I don't lift boxes all dau I lift a toddler. So I was just curious, do you use slenderous(sp) or which one do you use?

Replies

• lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Light active. :D
  • oregon_mama
    oregon_mama Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    LIGHTLY ACTIVE MOMMA:-)
  • praymond17
    praymond17 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I put light active.
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I would also say light active because then anything you do above that you can count as a work out..
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    It depends on how active you really are. Most of what I do with the kids doesn't get my heart rate up, so I set myself as sedentary. But if you play a lot of chase, running up and down the stairs, wrestling, etc, then you could go with lightly active.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I have mine set to lightly active.
  • blbradford87
    Options
    i put sedentary.. even though i have a 23 month old and a 3 month old i am constantly toting around i feel like i am not on my feet all day so better safe than sorry...
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    i put sedentary.. even though i have a 23 month old and a 3 month old i am constantly toting around i feel like i am not on my feet all day so better safe than sorry...

That's what I figured. I'm "busy," but not "active." There's a difference. Some moms are truly active, but I'm not one of them. So when I do things that get my heart rate up, like vacuuming the whole house or walking to the store, I log it as exercise, but I don't do those things every day.
  • Candy42adore
    Candy42adore Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Light active as well. Although some days it feels like more :tongue:
  • Tuckersn
    Tuckersn Posts: 149
    Options
    It depends on how active you really are. Most of what I do with the kids doesn't get my heart rate up, so I set myself as sedentary. But if you play a lot of chase, running up and down the stairs, wrestling, etc, then you could go with lightly active.

Same here . . . I'm at sedentary and I have two young boys. I agree with the above.
  • Buterphly
    Buterphly Posts: 112
    Options
    thanks I have 3 kids my husband gets up at 4 in the morning most weeks, I get up make his coffe, breakfast, and lunch, get his clothes out, wait till he leaves and then go back to sleep. 7 I get up get the boys up, get them out the door by 7:30, make me and my daughter breakfast, clean untill 11 when I get my middle from school...clean up that mess, ...I live upstaire, do laundry every other day... I just wanted to know what other moms thought on the subject. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options

That's what I figured. I'm "busy," but not "active." There's a difference. Some moms are truly active, but I'm not one of them. So when I do things that get my heart rate up, like vacuuming the whole house or walking to the store, I log it as exercise, but I don't do those things every day.

This is the way I do it too.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I put sedentary but I do have an older child (5) who doesn't require quite as much toting around. I have upped my calories from MFP's recommendation though and that helped me lose weight MORE, so maybe I should have done lightly active. I don't feel like I am on my feet all that much though... certainly not so much as I would be with a toddler in the house.
  • sarahTV
    sarahTV Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at sedentary...I spend plenty of time on my rear end throughout the day, even if I am active at random intervals. I certainly never feel like I'm working out b/c I'm cleaning or doing laundry. I guess what I consider active is someone who is not sitting down (like when I used to be a bartender, man my legs were sore at the end of a shift) I don't feel 'sore' from chilling at my house or running errands.

I also don't log my chores as exercise, I consider that part of life...it's my day to day, but it's not special. I've seen people who are stay at home parents claim they are active, but I'm not one of those parents. ( I also have 3 kids under the age of 6 if that makes a difference)
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    Lightly Active:)
  • bdavenport62
    Options
    I have mine set at sedentary...I spend plenty of time on my rear end throughout the day, even if I am active at random intervals. I certainly never feel like I'm working out b/c I'm cleaning or doing laundry. I guess what I consider active is someone who is not sitting down (like when I used to be a bartender, man my legs were sore at the end of a shift) I don't feel 'sore' from chilling at my house or running errands.

I also don't log my chores as exercise, I consider that part of life...it's my day to day, but it's not special. I've seen people who are stay at home parents claim they are active, but I'm not one of those parents. ( I also have 3 kids under the age of 6 if that makes a difference)

This EXACTLY except I only have one 13 month old.
  • parakeet
    parakeet Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    light active:-)
  • Phatpatty
    Phatpatty Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I put sed. al though I know its more like light active, I rather under-eat than over-eat ;)
    and i have a 18month old, 4year and 7year i chase around ..lol
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options

Same here. Better safe than sorry. Although having it set to light active isn't going to give you that many more calories- You could set it to either of those and still lose I am sure :)
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    thanks I have 3 kids my husband gets up at 4 in the morning most weeks, I get up make his coffe, breakfast, and lunch, get his clothes out, wait till he leaves and then go back to sleep.

My husband would think he died and went to heaven if I were ever getting up at 4am to get his breakfast and lunch ready! :laugh: :laugh: