MFP Runner's Club - August 29

Good morning, runners!

No run for me today. My husband and I are leaving in a few hours for the mountains this weekend. I plan on running a 6-miler while I'm there, so wish me luck - the terrain isn't as easy as my local neighborhood streets! :)

Have a great long weekend!

Replies

• Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Good morning, runners!

No run for me today. My husband and I are leaving in a few hours for the mountains this weekend. I plan on running a 6-miler while I'm there, so wish me luck - the terrain isn't as easy as my local neighborhood streets! :)

Have a great long weekend!
  • FitMomof3
    FitMomof3 Posts: 147
    Have fun on your vacation, Slender1!

I am kinda back after pulling a muscle or something in my lower butt/upper thigh. I was just out running one night and I felt a litle tightness in that area. By the time I got home, I could barely walk. I'm not sure what exactly I pulled but it didn't allow me to run for more than 2 weeks-just when I was getting faster and able to run longer distances:cry:

Today I ran for 20 min on an 5.0 incline (on the treadmill) at a moderate pace. I know that isn't long but it is better than nothing. I am going to try to slowly get back into running over the next two weeks. I want to take it slow and easy so i don't re-injure myself.

I have been reading your posts daily, but didn't want to post until I was back in the swing of things. Have a good weekend and keep running!:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Have fun/be safe in the mountains Slender! :drinker:

Fitmom - sorry to hear about your injury. Have you seen p90x's thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/21986-health-rehabilitation-section

maybe he might have a idea on what could be causing you the pain. :flowerforyou:

Foot is feeling better so gonna do a run tomorrow morning, can't wait! :drinker:

Have a great weekend, everyone! :heart:
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Today's workout:

Warmup:
    walk @ 3.5 mph for 1 min.
    walk @ 4.0 mph for 4 min.

run @ 6.0 mph for 17 min.
    run @ 7.0 mph for 1 min.

Cooldown:
    walk 1 min ea. @ 4.0, 3.5, 3.0, 2.5, 2.0
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Today was our pft run for boot camp. I ran 3 miles in 30:09. My personal best. I was very excited since part of the loop contained a very steep hill that we had run up 3 times. (that usually get my heart rate up over my 100% max). I think I do need to start pushing myself a litte more though as I only burned 182 calories in the 30 minutes. Thank kinad makes is it seem a little too easy.

Have fun on your vacation Slender. Shannon, good luck with the foot. Fitmom take care of yourself.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    No run today for me, got in a great swim. The pool that I go to has been closed all this week to fix some things, but now it's back up! Love a good Friday swim!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Got in 4.5 miles today!! Was gonna go for 6 but...
    ever had this happen - on the treadmill listening to my music, and you know -- running. Next - guy comes along start running and STINKS I mean, oh my gosh going to vomit body odour. Okay so -- I was already over 4 at that time, finished up the .25 to bring me to 4.5 and then ran -- out of the area. Disgusting.. is it just me??:noway:

Happy trails and be kind to your bodies peoples, too many injuries going on!! :wink:
  • Shannon023
    Got in 4.5 miles today!! Was gonna go for 6 but...
    ever had this happen - on the treadmill listening to my music, and you know -- running. Next - guy comes along start running and STINKS I mean, oh my gosh going to vomit body odour. Okay so -- I was already over 4 at that time, finished up the .25 to bring me to 4.5 and then ran -- out of the area. Disgusting.. is it just me??:noway:

Happy trails and be kind to your bodies peoples, too many injuries going on!! :wink:

Oh...gross...that's the worst! :sick:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Hello runners! No run for me today, it was Legs & Back. I am not feeling the greatest, fighting off an allergy/ cold thing. UGH! I'm glad I worked out.

Run is planned for early tomorrow, I'm going w/ my buddies for 6-7 miles I think? Then my girls are doing a kids of steel triathlon which is a 50yd swim, 1.5 mile bike, .5 mile run. They are excited about it!! We've been *training* so they will do great!

Jess
  • TNTPete
    I know and if looks could kill he would have *poofed* off the face of the earth. I was in such a good pace too.. <sigh> oh well. I tried to think -- he's somebody's hubby -- poor her. :noway:

Oh well... better luck next time and hopefully upwind!!

Shannon - before I forget -- have a great run tomorrow (I'll think of you while I am resting:wink: )
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Happy Birthday to me!

Good afternoon guys:flowerforyou:

I ran 4 miles at an easy pace bright and early this morning. It was dark and muggy.

Plus, we heard a coyote calling.:noway: I heard coyotes are afraid of people but we didn't wait around to find out. My running buddy and I channeled an olympic track runner and cleared the area fast.

Make it a great day
    -Kechie.
  • TNTPete
    Happy Birthday to me!

Good afternoon guys:flowerforyou:

I ran 4 miles at an easy pace bright and early this morning. It was dark and muggy.

Plus, we heard a coyote calling.:noway: I heard coyotes are afraid of people but we didn't wait around to find out. My running buddy and I channeled an olympic track runner and cleared the area fast.

Make it a great day
    -Kechie.

Good channeling!! :laugh: I would have suddenly had the urge to do some interval training myself!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    30 minute run on treadmill and 30 minutes on the bike.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Non-runner ole me ran again today!!!
    :40 on the treadmill, :15 of which was running!!
    No more than a minute and a half of running at any given interval but I ran!
    I'm so excited. I'm slowly but surely becoming a runner. :bigsmile:
  • Shannon023
    WTG, Lauren!! :drinker:

Kechie - I encountered a coyote on a running path early one morning, I'm sure he was faking it, but he didn't look scared to me. :laugh:
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Jogged 5k and walked another 45 min. New shoes and a day of rest, I shaved 45 sec off my time. I did it in 27:45, which puts me at just under 9 minutes on the splits. All this was with 55 pounds of stroller and baby.

I spent two hours in the shoe store today. The guy listened to me and my shoe/foot drama, watched me walk barefoot around the store, put me in about 12 different shoes, some with and some without inserts, watched me jog around the store, before he finally found a shoe that 'he' was happy with. I now have shoes with shiny blue accents. It's the most attention my feet have had in years, but my times were good and I have run my first 5k pain free in 15 years.
  • kechiemc
    Jogged 5k and walked another 45 min. New shoes and a day of rest, I shaved 45 sec off my time. I did it in 27:45, which puts me at just under 9 minutes on the splits. All this was with 55 pounds of stroller and baby.

I spent two hours in the shoe store today. The guy listened to me and my shoe/foot drama, watched me walk barefoot around the store, put me in about 12 different shoes, some with and some without inserts, watched me jog around the store, before he finally found a shoe that 'he' was happy with. I now have shoes with shiny blue accents. It's the most attention my feet have had in years, but my times were good and I have run my first 5k pain free in 15 years.

Which shoe store did you go to? I need that kind of help. I don't think my new shoes are working out for me.
  • kechiemc
    WTG, Lauren!! :drinker:

Kechie - I encountered a coyote on a running path early one morning, I'm sure he was faking it, but he didn't look scared to me. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Kechie-Are you in texas? If not, where are you?