Made the right choice today!!

SashaGoals
SashaGoals Posts: 4 Member
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
Alright guys, this might seem silly but it's a **big** stepping stone for a fat chick.

Started tracking food last Thursday and actually started eating the recommended calories on Monday.

Today I forgot to take lunch with me, which was **dangerous**!!! I went to Sonic and saw their Red velvet cheesecake blast.
But there was no real temptation! It was a thought of 'hmm, that sounds good' then ordered the healthier lunch of a grilled wrap sans ranch and apples. And I was FULL with no after thought of 'I need ice cream or something heavy'.

OMG! Before I would have ordered a HUGE sandwich, fries, a coke, and ice cream. . . eating until I felt that 'so full I'm going to explode feeling'.

Might sound silly, but for this fat chick it was an opening-eyes-wide experience. :wink:

Replies

• That's awesome!

Like when the husband cooks popcorn, i dont even want any (he cooks butter lovers not healthy)
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Great job! Baby steps...
  • Great job!!! You should be so proud of yourself!
  • chelamg12
    chelamg12 Posts: 28 Member
    Good for you....stepping stones...small achievements!!!!!!!!!! May you continue to have this kind of strength!!!
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    I love those moments!! Keep up the good work! They will start happening more and more often and they are still special every single time!
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Well done! I think it is more attitude adjustment that we need to get used to and that was great, I myself turned down jaffa cakes the other day, one is not too bad for you but I would never have stopped at one :laugh:
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Hey I've been there---that is a huge accomplishment!!! I know exactly where you are coming from. Just keep repeating that accomplishment and eventually it will be second nature.
  • Congrats Lulu! It's the little things that make the biggest difference!
  • tj1971
    tj1971 Posts: 40 Member
    Not that small of a step at all, temptation can be killer. You did great and should be proud of yourself.
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    That's great! At the end of the day - not only do we have to lose the weight but we have to re-educate ourselves about food... it's so much more than just weight loss...

Hope you manage to do this every time! But if on the odd occasion you don't manage it - don't beat yourself up - just dust yourself off, remind yourself WHY you're doing it, and get back on it!

xx
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Marvelous!!! Keep up the great work! :wink:
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    From one fat chick to another...keep up the good work hunny! :bigsmile:
  • idivadi
    idivadi Posts: 222 Member
    We all have different little "big steps"--congratulations on this you for you. I know that I feel really proud every time I make a choice that is not a potato chip. So be proud of your big step--it all counts.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Small achievements like this out weigh the ones we chose to really get excited about. This is the 1st step of mind re-adjustment. Congrats!!
  • That's great! I've also expierenced something small .... I have learned that I don't HAVE to eat a whole bag of chips (the small bag). I can actually eat 1/2 a serving (which is about 5 chips) and feel satisfied! Also I have learned to stare chips right in the "face" and just keep on going - there's an open bag on my kitchen table and I have not been tempted to eat them. All day I have walked by and have just ignored the bag. Yay meeeee and yay youuuuu!
  • McDougal416
    McDougal416 Posts: 74 Member
    That is AWESOME!! Very proud of you! Everyone has been there and everyone knows how BIG of a step that is!!! Especially when it looks so darn good!!!! ;) Keep up the good work!
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    woohoo! Gotta start some where ;-)
This discussion has been closed.