Water drinks???

Options
Just coming back from the grocery store I notice "life water" and some other that is flavored, no cals, but the ingredients wigged me out?! I drink water only for about 5 yrs now actually and was just thinking i might try one of these just to give me something elese to drink but wonder if there is one that is better for you or what not? Suggestions please :flowerforyou:

Replies

• JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    They might have no calories, but what about sugars and sodium? Just be careful with those, I'd suggest you still drink lots of plain ol' water too. It is nice to have some flavor though once in a while =) Maybe try the Crystal Light flavor packets that you add to water. I use those sometimes, they have lots of tasty flavors.
  • jemmie00
    Options
    Sobe Lifewater is quite tasty, but here's the catch:

1. Stevia, the sweetener used in it tastes very much like sugar and is practically calorie free, but it can cause bloating.
    2. The other additives are used for color and thickness.

So, is it going to add to your health? Not really. It does have vitamins, but most of which you should be already consuming in your day to day activities. Is it going to derail your dieting? Yes and no. If you have it on occasion to give yourself something else to taste other than water, it'll be fine, but drinks that mimic a sweet taste can often trigger your body to crave sugars and other simple carbs which you want to avoid. So I say, go for it, but make it a treat.. not an every day thing.

Just my opinion... hope it helps!
  • Jess0218
    Jess0218 Posts: 138
    Options
    Sobe Lifewater is quite tasty, but here's the catch:

1. Stevia, the sweetener used in it tastes very much like sugar and is practically calorie free, but it can cause bloating.
    2. The other additives are used for color and thickness.

So, is it going to add to your health? Not really. It does have vitamins, but most of which you should be already consuming in your day to day activities. Is it going to derail your dieting? Yes and no. If you have it on occasion to give yourself something else to taste other than water, it'll be fine, but drinks that mimic a sweet taste can often trigger your body to crave sugars and other simple carbs which you want to avoid. So I say, go for it, but make it a treat.. not an every day thing.

Just my opinion... hope it helps!

Thanks so much! I def appreciate your opinion and I will opt out cuz Lord knows I need no more "bloat". hahaha :)
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Some of the Sobe life water drinks have a lot of sugar in them. The zero calorie ones don't, but they do have sodium and artificial ingredients...

It would be better (and cheaper) to just add a little flavor to normal water by adding something on your own. I like to put a couple of cucumber slices in mine sometimes, or a slice of lemon or orange. It keeps it interesting, and you're not paying $1.00+ for water + chemicals + tiny amount of fruit flavor.
  • Jess0218
    Jess0218 Posts: 138
    Options
    Some of the Sobe life water drinks have a lot of sugar in them. The zero calorie ones don't, but they do have sodium and artificial ingredients...

It would be better (and cheaper) to just add a little flavor to normal water by adding something on your own. I like to put a couple of cucumber slices in mine sometimes, or a slice of lemon or orange. It keeps it interesting, and you're not paying $1.00+ for water + chemicals + tiny amount of fruit flavor.

Thanks for those tips! I actually did buy two lemons at the grocery store to slice and try that way. For some reason I think I read somewhere that lemon water had good things but not sure??
  • jemmie00
    Options
    One plus about the lemons is that putting lemon in your water can increase your body's natural ability to burn fat!