Your Daily Summary??? Help

Options
I just have a question lol I just started on this site a couple days ago... and I don't really understand what "Your Daily Summary" really means, with the numbers anyways... Can someone help me

This is how mine looks:

Calories remaining: 1023

Goal Food Exercise =Net
1200 626 -449 177

I understand that my goal minus my food then add exercise I get the calories remaining.... what do I do with these calories remaining? lol and what does Net of 177 mean?

Replies

• kellykat2
    kellykat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I don't quite understand it all either!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    That means that technically your body is only surviving on your net calories. You have to eat back your exercise calories. Search the forums for net calories and you'll find some great info.

Keep at it!
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Thank you I'll have to check it out lol I was really confused and I've always been confused as to how much calories I need, and then when adding in exercise as to where that puts me
  • Anana11
    Anana11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I believe that means that because you've only eaten 626 calories and expended 449 calories on exercise, your net calorie intake so far that day is 177 calories (626-449=177). The calories remaining is how many more calories you should eat today to make it to your 1200 (net) calorie intake for the day.

I know it's tempting to not eat the calories remaining, but from what I've seen on the message boards, it's important to "eat your exercise calories" (AND your "calorie allotment just for living") in order to keep your metabolism working hard and not dropping into starvation mode.

Calories Remaining means "Eat more calories today!"
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I believe that means that because you've only eaten 626 calories and expended 449 calories on exercise, your net calorie intake so far that day is 177 calories (626-449=177). The calories remaining is how many more calories you should eat today to make it to your 1200 (net) calorie intake for the day.

I know it's tempting to not eat the calories remaining, but from what I've seen on the message boards, it's important to "eat your exercise calories" (AND your "calorie allotment just for living") in order to keep your metabolism working hard and not dropping into starvation mode.

Calories Remaining means "Eat more calories today!"

Thanks that helps out a lot lol :)