Thunder Thighs....Seriously

Options
Thus far I've only been intimate with my elliptical for two weeks. I've managed to lose a half inch off my waist and an inch off my hips. I'm not complaining, however I thought I would have shed some fat off my thighs by now. I do squats everyday and leg lifts and I'm still not seeing results. It makes me want to scream. Anybody have a good exercise that will target my chubby stems?? Thanks

Replies

• fleurphotography
    Options
    I do lunges, they work really well for thighs.
  • LizardIsANerd
    Options
    roller derby. Seriously. It's like squatting for several hours while pushing outward with your legs. My saddlebag area is 7 1/2 inches smaller than when I joined derby and that is with only about 15lbs of loss...It's crazy intense but sooooo good for the thighs/buns.
  • adelarosa357
    Options
    Dang my sister and I have actucally looked into roller derby. Not only would it be awsome for bragging rights but a super workout. Too bad we live in the middle of nowhere. :(
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    haha, I use to be queen of thunder thighs! never thought I would lose them!!.......RUN!
  • katiedaisy
    katiedaisy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    haha, I use to be queen of thunder thighs! never thought I would lose them!!.......RUN!

Agreed. Running is the only thing that ever worked for me!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    The first place where you put the fat on is generally the last place where you're going to take it off. Sad, but true.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    It is possible to 'target' a muscle area to build lean muscle. It is, sadly, not possible to 'target' a fat problem area. Keep eating well, and exercise often. Drink as much water as you can, and keep up your spirits! Your body decides where to lose fat, no matter how much you try to get it away from another place. Your thighs might be the last place to shrink, or they might be smaller next week!! Just please keep on keeping on and be faithful that they WILL get smaller in time. :)
  • xboomerx
    xboomerx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    According to everything I've ever read it's almost impossible to spot reduce fat. Keep working out and eating right and eventually you should lose the fat in your problem locations. Although building the muscles in those areas may not be conducive to what you are looking for - if you are trying to be smaller you may not want to add too much muscle mass.
  • Skinnybab
    Options
    Thus far I've only been intimate with my elliptical for two weeks. I've managed to lose a half inch off my waist and an inch off my hips. I'm not complaining, however I thought I would have shed some fat off my thighs by now. I do squats everyday and leg lifts and I'm still not seeing results. It makes me want to scream. Anybody have a good exercise that will target my chubby stems?? Thanks

Lunges, squats, and running alot of running. The biggest secret is to just stay with it. Dont stop because you dont see a result. That is my hardest thing to overcome, i get discouraged when i dont see results. Just remember you can do this and it will get the results you want:)
  • klthomas59
    klthomas59 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    running is the only thing that works for me
  • Robynth
    Robynth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Actually...there really is NO good way to "spot" reduce. It's all a matter of losing body fat. Any type of cardio activity will do best for that. Your body will lose fat all over if you just increase the cardio.