so now I'm scared

Options
Got up this morning, looked at this hurricane coming our way.....*gulp* He's a monster!!!!!!:mad:

I've made several runs to the stores and feel like I'm well prepared to be without power, thanks to ideas here I have good food, not boxes and boxes of Debbie snacks etc.

I'm about 60, miles inland but at this point it would only be down to a cat 2 when it hit me. *shudder* If all current models hold, it will come right over me so please keep me and all involved in your prayers.

Thanks,
Melanie

Replies

• mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Got up this morning, looked at this hurricane coming our way.....*gulp* He's a monster!!!!!!:mad:

I've made several runs to the stores and feel like I'm well prepared to be without power, thanks to ideas here I have good food, not boxes and boxes of Debbie snacks etc.

I'm about 60, miles inland but at this point it would only be down to a cat 2 when it hit me. *shudder* If all current models hold, it will come right over me so please keep me and all involved in your prayers.

Thanks,
    Melanie
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain girl, I am in Baton Rouge.....this doesn't look good :noway:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Good luck to the both of you! Hopefully it won't be nearly as bad as you think!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you and saying a prayer...
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Don't know about you, but I've been through a few "small" hurricanes (of course they're not that small when you're in them!) and if I was you, I would have evacuated about 10 minutes ago....
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Will keep you in my prayers...my sister left the coast after Katrina, took out her entire neighborhood in the Biloxi area. Stay safe...

Debbie
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Ezzie and I are Red Cross volunteers, but won't be able to go to this event. But we will keep everyone in our prayers!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Prayers for you to stay safe, Melanie.:heart:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm praying for you both. Hope you stay safe. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Have you been through one before?

Fill up every receptacle you have in your home with water. (bathtub, sinks, washing machine, etc.) You have no idea how valuable water to flush a toilet is until you don't have it! Get your batteries ready for the radios. Make sure you have candles and light sources ready. Most likely you would lose power before anything else. I've been through several, and everyone thinks of drinking water and food. . .but these are just as important for your sanity and safety.

Last, but not least, if you get the order to evacuate. . .DO IT! (former Floridian talking at ya')

You're in our prayers, take care.
    :flowerforyou:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    It sounds scary!
    When hurricane juan came through nova scotia (I was in halifax at the time and it got hit hard) I was totally UN-prepared and had a baby to make formula for!
    I hope that everything goes at least DECENT and that you stay safe!
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    Options

Thanks,
    Melanie

Dear Melanie, you are certainly in our prayers. Wish you could have evacuated yesterday! I know it's hard to leave your home and belongings, but it would be harder to stay with them and lose yourself and your loved ones :brokenheart: You take care, Melanie, and know you are being thought about and prayed for by all of us, your family at MFP.
    Marti in Kentucky
  • mello
    Options
    Hi all, thanks for all your kind responses......we're leaving. Going to Hot Springs Arkansas, the more we worked on preparations, the more we thought we need to get outta here!!!!

I'm leaving w/my parents, sister and an aunt. My hubby and uncle will remain here as they are state employees and have been working since yesterday and have to remain here.........we wouldn't be together anyway but I HATE leaving my husband under these circumstances.

We won't be leaving till later this evening, traffic has picked up but it's not bumper to bumper like we've seen before so we should be ok.

Thanks for your prayers.

Melanie
  • mello
    Options
    I feel your pain girl, I am in Baton Rouge.....this doesn't look good :noway:

are you sticking around??
  • pros696
    pros696 Posts: 80
    Options
    Hey, I was in the guard when katrina hit and was able to help out. Hope it does not come to that but if it does I will do my best to help.
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I feel for you guys!!!!!!!! I went through Hurricane George in Key West, which was a 2 nothing compared to what you have been through! I evacuated and I am glad I did. There was no way I was taking the risk of staying!! You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    We are going to stay, I work for State Police so I can't really leave the state in case they need me....be careful and stay safe!!!