Anyone know of any GOOD low cal mixed drinks?

Options
So im normally a beer drinker, and obviously beer is probably not a great choice while im on my wieght loss journey. WELL actually, any alcohol is probably not a great idea while trying to lose the weight, but realistically im going to drink every now and then. SO anybody have any good drinks to try? ive tried michealob ultra light **you guessed it i cant spell the name**, and i dont like it.

Replies

• momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Diet Pepsi
  • nmpresto
    nmpresto Posts: 157
    Options
    Captain morgan and any diet pop is 60 calories (my personal favorite is captain diet coke)
  • rvice2
    rvice2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I know this doesn't help everywhere, but Applebee's has come out with a new line of "skinny drinks" made with low cal mixes. I've had the LIT which is not bad at all! Hopefully other restaurant chains will follow suit!
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    As a fellow beer lover, I feel your pain. I've tried Bud Select, it's not bad. Better than Mich Ultra, IMO.
    But I found this website, just to kind of give you an idea for calories. http://www.beer100.com/beercalories.htm

Personally, I just save my calories, or do some extra workouts. To me, there's not much substituting for my favorite beer :drinker:

Cheers!!
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Vodka with Soda (seltzer water, not sprite or 7-up... but you could use diet if you like the sweetness) and a squeeze of lemon or lime--very fresh and because it's generally a little strong, you'll drink it slower :) But I just can't give-up a Guinness every now and then--that's when I agree with other comments that you just do a little more exercising.

I REFUSE to give-up a good drink every now and then, and think it CAN be incorporated in a healthy lifestyle (in moderation, of course)--good to know I'm not the only one!!!
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    I usually get either cherry uv and diet coke, or malibu and diet coke. Both taste amazing!
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bump- I need this info too.
  • jlrstone50
    jlrstone50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use crystal light (raspberry ice) and vodka or
    Tanqueray Gin and diet tonic water
    They work for me..:drinker:
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    None of them are good for weight loss. The issue with alcohol and weight gain isn't the calorie count. That's only a secondary issue. The biggest issue is that alcohol pretty much stops your metabolism. Your fat metabolism drops by an average of 73% for hours after you drink.

Check this out for more info: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/130545-the-real-effect-of-alcohol-on-your-waistline
  • elena135
    Options
    skinny drink mixes are also available at liquor stores. i have personally tried skinny margarita...not bad. Van Gogh double espresso vodka is so yummy it can be had on the rocks. It is 69 calories an ounce but you only need a few ounces to feel happy. If you want to feel like your having a decent drink you can mix it with fat free half and half or diet cream soda. And of course you could always have some red wine. I make my few ounces last also by adding diet coke or seltzer to a glass. Enjoy!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    thanks everyone for ya'lls input!! yes even you, anti alcohol guy!!! lol
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    what's cherry uv?
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    what's cherry uv?

It's a cherry flavored vodka. There are several other flavors made by this brand, but for uv, cherry is my favorite. For other vodkas: Effen Vodka makes a black cherry vanilla that is ammmmaaaazing. And Three Olive's Grape.

Vodka has always been my drink of choice. Unfortunately, I seem to love anything anyone can imagine doing to a potato. :laugh:
  • JJCampbell
    Options
    Has anyone tried Skinny Mixes (www.skinnymixes.com)? I just picked up a few bottles at my liquor store in Clearwater, FL and they are amazing. I tried the margarita, cosmo, and appletini. All flavors contain zero calories and are sugar free, but you cannot tell by the flavor.
  • bluemartini6
    Options
    Vodka tonic with lime or lemon. Or if anyone likes wine it's around 100 cal for a smaller glass

I've also heard it slows metabolism but if you keep your cocktails as treats and are aware I don't see a major problem