Water, water, water . . . ?? regarding.

Options
Ok, I bought a water bottle that holds 7 cups of water, or 56 oz of water. Since purchasing the water bottle, I have been a bit taken back by the amount of water I'm consuming. I was guessing prior. :0) I've drained my water bottle twice thus far today and I'm half way through the 3rd one. There is a plethora of info regarding how much water you should drink but my 144 oz, so far today, is far exceeding the 64 oz recommended. Does this differ for each person. I feel quite healthy drinking this much, and it isn't really a whole lot different than any other day.. One site warned not to drink even 8 cups of water, while the other said drink 9 cups for benefits during losing weight.

This isn't the most important thing ever, just curious what others thought. . . :0)

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    The is no practical limit to how much water you should drink (obviously, if you were downing gallon after gallon as fast as you could, that wouldn't be healthy). More water = better.

I don't know what site recommended drinking less than 8 cups a day, but chances are it's a pretty crappy site. Drinking more water actually causes you to retain less water weight, and helps flush excess sodium out of your system.

So keep up what you've been doing.
  • findingfinally
    Options
    What? What site said to drink less water? That's nuts. I think it's a great idea you have that 56oz water bottle (I need to get me one of those). Honestly I suck at drinking 8 glasses of water a day, I always end up having only drank about 5 to 6 glasses by the day's end. It's definitely something I'm working on. I have heard nothing but great reviews from friends that get in their 8 glasses or more per day. So I say keep on drinking.
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I use one of the 32 oz Weight Watchers Cups. I love it... I know I have to drink at least 2 of those and any other glasses I consume with meals is a plus!
  • katwood39
    Options
    I use a gatorade bottle i drink probably 3 or 4 a day. I also drink some of the crystal light pouches that have no calories and no sugar in them. Or the 4c drink pouches help, i mix and match what i drink to keep it different.
  • qtrhrsewoman
    Options
    I drink tons of water. It does not seem to be hurting me thus far, and I just had a bunch of lab work done. Nothing came back low on my blood levels so, i'm guessin', it's not too bad.
  • aryaw
    aryaw Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a sports bottle that holds 8 cups of water & I am averaging 5-8 refills per day. If I need water I drink it - its mostly what I drink - except for a few cups of milk here & there. My doc says its healthy as long as I am not drinking them all at once and spreading it over the day.

Its better then drinking lots of pop- I replaced the pop I used to drink with water.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I drink about 100 oz of water a day and the days I happen to fall short, I feel it! I've never heard to not drink at least the 8 glasses....Unless you are drinking a lot of water and don't feel well adn you can definately say the water was the problem, then keep on drinking!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    The following is from the newsletter that I just got from my doctor.

" Don't obsess about those 8 glasses of water each day. Drink when you are thirsty and when you are exercising briskly. Too much water reduces the impact of electrolytes and strains the bladder."

I suppose that if you are carrying lots of weight then 8 glasses of water or more, would make sense; however, when you are small, or are getting smaller, then that much water doesn't make sense unless your had chinese food for lunch or dinner.

If your urine is very pale, it means that you are over doing it with the water. If it is very dark yellow, then you re dehydrated.