This is so nasty to ask

Options
Okay.
I was curious does using the bathroom alot help you lose weight?
INCLUDING number 2(I hate saying the weird its so crued)

Replies

• dreamc08
    dreamc08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    that is not a healthful way to try and lose weight!
  • MarilynMarie
    Options
    I didnt mean trying to make yourself go or use anything for it.
    I mean like naturally like drinking alot of water or eating alot of fiber
  • colonelangus
    Options
    I've only been on this site for a couple weeks, but this has to be the coolest topic ever.

Anyways, to the substance of your question, wouldn't it depend on the weight of what you're getting rid of? Take weight, go to the bathroom, weigh again.
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    Options
    Drinking a lot of water will help you lose water weight. I have my doubts about pooping a lot; just make sure you're eating a balanced diet.
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    fiber up, the more fiber in the more feces out. not to mention better colon health, being fuller longer and curbing appetite.

bad speller sorry:smile:
  • simplyblessed89
    Options
    The most important thing to remember is getting your body back to balance, normal, equilibrium. Your body doesn't want to have excess weight (which is why we strive to lose it) but it wants to be in a state of homeostasis - balanced.

When you eat healthy (lots of fruits and veggies, lean proteins, whole grains, legumes, etc), your body will act "natural" again. Drinking water throughout the day will cleanse your body and help keep water weight down and the fiber of the natural foods will keep you regular.

Hope this helps!
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Ready for a nasty answer?

My boyfriend once lost over 4 pounds by taking a dump. So, yes.

The reason most people recommend weighing in the morning after emptying your bowels and bladder is because that content can make the scale change. Its waste, you don't want to weigh it! I'm not saying try to poop constantly, but I always check my weight after I potty in the morning when I'm as light as I can make my body.