Motivation please

Options
Hello, so I just joined this site hoping that I can get something out of it. I do pretty good with going to the gym for awhile and then I will just stop. This happens all the time, I dont know if I get bored with what I am doing or just dont have the motivation. The winter is even worse. I get seasonal depression and dont want to do much of anything other than sleep and eat it seems. I am getting married in less than 3 months and would like to lose a little weight before that day comes. Any motivation would be greatly appreciated and I would love to add anyone as a friend to track progress with. Thanks- Tiffany

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hi Tiffany. Boredom is something we all have to deal with that for sure. Maybe you can incorporate some exercise DVDs or video games in your workout. The Wii & Xbox Kinect has some awesome games that you burn some major calories playing. Also there are many challenges on this board that members are hosting. Feel free to join them to keep yourself motivated.
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Welcome! While I'm certainly no stranger to falling of the bandwagon and getting back on more than a few times, I'm new to MFP as well--you'll find folks are VERY encouraging and inspirational :)

At least you are getting back on track... I just keep telling myself each time I "start" again--at least I am trying! Even logging on here is a step in the right direction--congrats on getting started (even if it is TAKE 5... or 6, or 7 :happy: )

Oh--and coming from a cold, wet, long-winter state, I can understand the seasonal blues! Just think about how great you will feel at the end of the workout, and how awake/alive it makes you feel... kind of like sunshine in January!
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Joining this site is a great first step. I think its very easy to become bored. I would say switch things up regularly so you dont get into a routine. I have heard changing workouts and diets regularly keeps the body burning fat and boosts metabolism. There are a lot of great people on here who offer some great tips. Someone included an article early that I thought was very touching. http://www.rachelcoleman.com/2009/07/24/strong-enough-to-be-your-mom-part-2/ Keep it up! We are all here to support you!
  • Shelly081
    Options
    Hi Tiffany and welcome to MFP. I have been on this site for only a short time, but I find it and people here are very great. I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss.
  • melissarforlife
    melissarforlife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Tiffany! Welcome, and let me tell ya I've been on here since Sept, and its great! I am on everyday, so that I can track what I am eating and doing for movement!...I think if you are really serious, you will be on here everyday. Its also great to encourage your "friends" on here too. It helps them and you at the same time! I hope you stay and use this awesome site!
    God bless you on your soon marriage!!!!!!!!! My 20th year is this year..and thats part of my motivation :) Add me as your friend if you'd like :)
  • suebrew76
    suebrew76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, Tffany! I have the same problem. I do real well for a while, but then "life" gets in the way, and I find ways to stop working out. I've been using this site for a while and I LOVE IT! It's very common sense, helps you watch what the nutrients you are eating to ensure you are you have a balanced diet. One thing I did, that I think is helping is I've joined Curves. I guess I figure if I'm paying for something, I'll make sure to go. Also, please feel free to message me if you need to talk!!! =-) Stay with it!!!
  • Meghann218
    Meghann218 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey Tiffany, I am so happy to see you on here!!! :) We can motivate each other. Exercising is so hard sometimes. I just started out 3 days on 1 day off and it was getting to be too much especially with my early shift at work. I had to take more days off and instead of doing nothing on the 1 or 2 days off i decided i would take 15-30 minutes of just stretching I figured its something and its good for you too. We have wii and i got biggest loser for it and i love it. Right now thats what i do and i try to change things up and some days i will just do 1 or 2 things and then do my own reps that i take off of it. I have other exercise videos for it and like them. I do have wii fit but the negative about that one is you have to keep picking the stuff that you want to do whereas biggest loser and i have golds gym you could set up a routine. The golds gym one has zumba and kicking boxing and others on it. I like that one too but i am sooooooooooooooo uncordinated at dancing, lol. It is really hard in the winter. I want to get outside so bad to do something different but dont feel like braving the cold. Just think day by day. Thats what dad tells me to do and hopefully this site will help you. I know you will look sooooooooooooo beautiful at your wedding and i am soooooooo excited for you. Message me anytime. ttys :)
  • jeffsmamakat
    Options
    Hi Tiffany! So glad you are here. This site in itself will be a motivtion for you. Ive only been a member for a few days, but let me tell you Im excited about posting my foods and exercises and watching the progress. Its fun ! And everyone on here is fun too.
    Im so excited about your wedding. Cant wait to watch your progress too and hope you will accept me as a "friend"....LOL! maybe a mother or grandmother figure...I'll be 61 in FEB...yuk! Kat