Obsessed with Weight Loss shows!

Options
I am always watching shows like the Biggest Loser, the Last 10lbs Bootcamp, Bulging Brides, and X-weighted. I find that I am always watching shows that pertain to where I am in my life!!! When i was getting married, it was the wedding shows, having a baby, the baby shows, the home buying, and so on and so on! I can't be the only one that does this!!! Is anyone else obsessed with weightloss shows? I think i am driving my husband crazy!

Replies

• Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I find them motivational =)
  • jongwoons
    Options
    Truthfully, so am I! I feel like they are great motivation...especially on The Biggest Loser...when I see those contestants, twice or triple my size, working so hard to lose weight, it makes me try even harder.
    ^^ No shame in that!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Yes I too am obsessed with the weight loss shows. I watch the biggest loser, I used to be fat, thinspiration, heavy, and I cant wait for Shedding For the Wedding.
  • herky
    herky Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    So do I! I Used to be Fat on mtv is my latest addiction :)
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I find them incredibly inspirational, especially when they show how they do it at home like on the A&E show Heavy. I kind of can't wait for that new Shedding For The Wedding show comes out next month!
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    LOL! I'm obsessed with them too, you aren't alone :)
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    So do I! I Used to be Fat on mtv is my latest addiction :)

Mine too!! :happy:
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    i love those shows right now i'm into "heavy", "I used to be fat", "biggest loser" :)
  • audreyyrose
    Options
    oh my gosh ME.
    i watch I Used To Be Fat on MTV while i workout :P
    and i'm really excited, i saw a commercial on the CW tonight for a new show "Shedding for the Wedding." my two favorite things in one show: weddings and weight loss motivation. brilliant!
  • thehobbyist
    Options
    I've actually gotten my boyfriend into The Biggest Loser along with me. I used to watch that celebrity weight loss show where they'd all stand on the big scale (Celebrity Fit Camp? something like that?), Work Out on Bravo, and TBL. Now I just watch TBL and a Canadian show called Village On A Diet, about a small rural town in British Columbia trying to lose weight. It's a much more reasonable amount of weight lost on that show, so it's less sensational, but it's neat to see people working in their real home environments.

The best thing about the boyfriend being into The Biggest Loser is that because he's only ever seen season 10, we can go back and watch the old ones, since I watch it to see heavy people run around, get yelled at, and surpass their own expectations, so the twists and turns in the game don't matter as much as the gym stuff.

I like to pretend Jillian and Bob are yelling at me while I work out. ^_^
  • snerk
    snerk Posts: 51
    Options
    Canadian show called Village On A Diet, about a small rural town in British Columbia trying to lose weight. It's a much more reasonable amount of weight lost on that show, so it's less sensational, but it's neat to see people working in their real home environments.

I've been watching this one too!! I'm rootin for Jamie!
  • thehobbyist
    Options
    Oh man, me too! I'm looking forward to the next pizza lady freakout, too.

The thing I hate about that show is how they act like the only healthy eating has to involve kale, tofu, and seeds from a Chia Pet. Seriously, what's so hard about teaching people how to cook a chicken breast and two vegetables, with fruit for dessert? They make it seem like the choice is between eating macaroni and cheese or some kind of vegan fusion with green tea extract. They're making it too hard! Oh well. All the professionals besides the nutritionist seem pretty great and with it.
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I find that I am always watching shows that pertain to where I am in my life!!! When i was getting married, it was the wedding shows, having a baby, the baby shows, the home buying, and so on and so on!

That is me to a T. And as soon as that moment in my life passes, I have no interest in watching the show anymore.
    Right now I am addicted to "I Used to Be Fat" and "Heavy". Fun stuff. :)
  • SamanthaSteg
    SamanthaSteg Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I LOVE all those shows....Last 10 Pounds Bootcamp, X-Weighted, amd Bulging Brides are my favourite. I really like I Used To Be Fat too, but it scares me how much weight those kids lose in that short amount of time. 90lbs in 90 days? Just doesn't seem healthy to me. Still watch it though :) Haven't seen Heavy yet but I want to.
    I was super obsessed with the baby shows when I was pregnant (actually watched A Baby Story while in labour at the hospital!) and all the wedding shows when getting married. It was fun! What are we all watch when we've lost the weight though??
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My best workout day is usually Tuesday - Biggest Loser day! I watched Heavy for the first time last week and liked that too! Looks like I have some other shows to get on the DVR schedule!