myfitnesspal apps for androids.........

Options
I was just curious if anyone has this app on their droid? I was thinking of upgrading my lg touch to a droid & was looking for some feedback from those of you that currently have it. What all does it include, do you get alot of use out of it, would you recommend it, etc etc?

Replies

• smithersmpls
    Options
    Just installed it. Had been using the Livestrong App, which is total junk. This app seems much better. Very easy to set up and use, I recommend it so far.
  • bluestocking06
    bluestocking06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I really recommend it. It doesn't really have the social aspect, like no status updates or community access, but you can update your food and exercise from your phone and get full access to the food databases. And it's free. Totally worth it.
  • JForbrizzio
    Options
    It's pretty much just for logging stuff in. No forums/message boards or anything. I use it more than I do the website though.
  • SuperMoniMonk
    SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Love my Android Apps ! All I got for free. MFP APP even has a barcode option that just add up all the nutricional information to your log. I have a Google G1 Phone It's been out for a few years but it has everything I need ..i love it .
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I use it and you can log all your stuff in it just like you can via the website. It even syncs between the two so anything entered on one is immediately visible on the other. Recommended.
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    You can get full site on Droid through internet. I have the site bookmarked and checked to keep me logged in. On my evo now.
  • Robin66
    Robin66 Posts: 103
    Options
    I love this app, my favorite part of the app is that you can see how many calories something has before you add it to your diary, unlike this site where you have to add it before you can see it.
  • rhan90
    rhan90 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer the android app when it comes to tracking food/exercise, it just seems easier.
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I use the app for logging food every day, its really easy to use and if 'm wondering about the calories in something when I'm in a shop or at college I can just check whenever I want on the app. Definitely recommend it. (:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I discovered MyFitnesspal website because of the Android App Market. it's great. as everyone has stated. syncs with your account.
  • Echoshill
    Echoshill Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It is free, what have you got to loose? And your probably not going to upgrade a phone for one app....are you??

In any case, the app is extremely good.Personal meals, exercise calorie counts are no good, quick calorie adds, barcode scanning. Would be nice to have a community interface. Sync feature its nice as well.