Sports Bras

Options
Any other "blessed" ladies out there have any good suggestions for a good sports bra. I have tried several and so far I can not find one that works. Thanks!

Replies

• ktndj82104
    Options
    nope, a friend of mine uses two at once and it seems to help her
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    Blessed?
    I think you meant cursed.

I wear 3 bra's to strap my heaving bosom in place... I'd be interested in suggestions too.
  • kmille46
    Options
    I get mine from Lululemon. I have a friend who worked there that was also large chested and introduced me to them. Had mine for 2 years and they will work great. Worth the investment.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I used to wear 2 at a time, but i have found under armour to be a great brand so far
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I have found some really great ones at Champion.com. They usually have a $19.99 sale once a year and that's when I stock up because the regular prices are about $50 each. I'm a 38D and I hardly have any bounce!!
  • better_days_ahead
    better_days_ahead Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great Question! I need to know this too!
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber - worth every penny
  • lriffey
    lriffey Posts: 11
    Options
    Right now I wear 2 sports bras and a tight work out shirt and a tee shirt. It makes my chest look almost deformed and I find it embarassing when I go to the gym. Thanks for the suggestions. I will give those a try!
  • mrslondon
    mrslondon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Champion sports bras from target are ok, unfortunately i find that i sweat more in a sports bra but they are more comfortable to work out in than a regular bra. i wish I didnt have huge breasts, they hurt when I walk or run as they are so heavy, im at that point where they probably (hopefully) wont grow anymore but when I lay on my back, they actually press down on my chest and I find it hard to breathe, they suck!
  • xboomerx
    xboomerx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Can't vouch for these personally as I'm a male but I saw this on another message board in relation to using physics equations in Flash programming. Anyway - NOT SAFE FOR WORK - but it may be a good sports bra.

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/bounceometer/shock.html
  • PinkCrush
    PinkCrush Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Heyoo, 34DD Ironman triathlete here. I train 7 days, running up to 40 miles and biking up to 300 a week, so ...consider myself to have extensive personal knowledge of "the bounce" here ;)

I used to strap mine down in multiple bras plus my lycra kit, and could hardly breathe with all the straps around my rib cage!
    Then I found CW-X. http://cw-x.com/ExploreProducts.aspx?gender=womens&product=bras

The CW-X XTRA Support Sports Bra has a hook in the back which makes it easier to squeeze on and off.
    I prefer the CW-X Firm Support Bra for competition or to wear under any top that requires a smoother line.
    There are lots of different fit options for larger v. smaller ladies, for high and low-impact needs.

ABSOLUTELY worth the money. Take care of "the girls!"
  • 8bitcake
    Options
    I have 28 E's. I have been using a Speedo bra. It is wonderful. :)
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    nope, a friend of mine uses two at once and it seems to help her

yep.....I wear a good supportive bra and then put a snug sports bra over to mush them closer to me so they don't bounce around...that hurts
  • Charrisse
    Charrisse Posts: 163
    Options
    I bought one at ****s Sporting Goods years back - its heavy duty and even underwired. Its COMFY. I believe I saw it on Oprah. I am a 36DD and it works FABULOUS. Its very similar to the link, but not exactly the same. I bought it yrs ago and its still going strong!

http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Products/Women-Champion/Women_ShopByCategory-Champion/Women_PlusSize-Champion/CH6209.aspx
  • mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. Thanks girls for the info
  • carolynbe
    carolynbe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36/38dd in my forties so max lift and lockdown are paramount. I have two favorite underwire bras - I like the Champion Powerback - it's a racerback. I hate bra straps showing in my racer back tanks. I also like the Donna Karan 35137 which is a normal back bra. I don't run so I can't give you insight into whether they chafe. If you are a runner, I've had several people mention to me they like Moving Comfort Fiona and Juno bras. I'm a cheapo so I buy my bras of Amazon or eBay. When I don't feel like wearing an underwire bra, I really like Lululemon's All Sport bra. (I'm a fan of all their clothing and it's the only thing I wear to sweat in).
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Enell....but they are pricey
  • KerriLynn828
    Options
    I also use Enell... They are a little expensive, but oh so worth it! I'm a 42DD and it hold the girls and everything else in place. I wouldn't trade it for anything when working out!
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    *Bump* and *Bump* ~one for each of my girls :laugh:
  • jemmur
    jemmur Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've got a few sports bras but my favourite - by far - is the Shock Absorber one designed for running. It keeps the ladies from bouncing around much (I'm a 28f/30e), without feeling like it's squashing my ribcage. Easily adjustable, looks okay and it's really comfy too - some bright spark put plenty of padding under all the hooks. The top clasp is a bit fiddly but if I can mange it, most people probably can :)