Your best motivation?

Options
I started out really well, but the past few days I've been starting to slip. SO...

What is your best form of motivation? It can be celebrities, your personal reasons, general motivation, etc!

Replies

• bode1all
    Options
    Some things that re inspire my motivation are certain TV shows like biggest loser or two new shows called Heavy on A&E that is on Monday nights and I used to be fat on MTV on Wednesday nights. I also have found some books that have inspired me. One in particular is called "Secrets of a Former Fat Girl." I find that everyone has their own weight loss journey and everyone's is going to be different. But I really like taking pieces of their journey that resonate with me and incorporating them into my every day life. I wish you the best of luck on your journey! This isnt going to be easy, but it will be worth it!
  • cjsgrimlin
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans and a dress. I think the best thing for me if i try to slip (started yesterday) is to try them on. Can't pull up the jeans past my knees, I need work! Cant zipp the dress up, definatly need more work!
  • Mellene
    Mellene Posts: 12
    Options
    Before and After photos, they are very inspirational and show that everyone can loose weight.
    Beautiful clothes of the size you want to be, have them around as a reminder.
    Health benefits are also a great motivator. Just imagine how much fitter you can become
    and people will look up to you.
    I also imagine myself after the weight loss and how much confidence I will get and
    overall become happier about my life :)
  • sarahlauren18
    sarahlauren18 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It sounds awful... BUT the thought of everyone else making it to their goals and NOT ME !!! I just think about summer time and everyone looking thin and fit and then theres me, NOT so much. Sooo .. LOL I refuse to stop !! I was the girl that gained weight for the past 2 summers now and I'm not letting another summer come and go !!!
  • caseykm
    caseykm Posts: 37
    Options
    I' ve found that when I sign up for a race no matter what the distance- half marathon or just a 5k - I'm always motivated to go work out because I picture how I want to finish strong and I know I can't get there unless I train! It works even if the race is months away.
  • MmhmmStephanie
    Options
    Aside from health reasons, I'd like to go to Wizarding World of Harry Potter and be comfortable while walking around. It's in Florida, Florida is hot and miserable. Not to mention it's always busy in the theme parks. I want to be able to go and enjoy myself. Harry Potter has gotten me through a lot of stressful times, so I want to be able reward myself in some Harry Potter fun! :)
  • embym
    embym Posts: 65
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation ideas! Does anyone have any other motivations they want to share? :D
  • emadigan
    emadigan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Family history is a big motivator for me. There is diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, and heart disease in my family history. I really want to be healthy and establish healthy habits now, so they will last a lifetime. I'm really lucky because my boyfriend shares the same health goals, so we encourage each other, and keep each other in check.

This one sounds strange but.... another big motivator is one of my best friends. She's always been thin and athletic. We've been on vacation together a couple times and she always looks awesome in her bikini. I want to feel just as awesome.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    ditto...the family history of disease, esp w/obesity the greatest contributing factor for most of the sufferings.

I'm beginning to look younger...sounds silly, but 30-lbs ago I resembled a large sickly sluggish grandma.....now, I've noticed a pep in my step and just check out the bright in my eye :wink:
    It's gotta be the weight loss & the healthier bod,
    so my new inspriation is to TURN BACK THE CLOCK!
  • Kendyl10
    Options
    Staying out of my clothes that are the next size up. I still have them all because they are like, brand new, and I have them "Just in case"... but they aren't a good just in case. I want to never have to pull them out from the tote they are in, and if I do, then that is my motivation to get my butt back to the gym... I want to stay in my small clothes, and maybe even go down another size. The bigger pants are a reminder of what I don't want to be...