Bar code scanner/smart phone

Options
I just noticed on my Droid evo that when adding food there is barcode scanner beside the database search box. Saves time and more accurate because you scan package to get nutrition info. So those using phone ap check out that feature.

Replies

• skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that feature.
  • Paccie
    Paccie Posts: 47
    Options
    Definitely love that!!! Saves time!!! I love my Droid X!! :wink:
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    :drinker: Thanks for the 411, I'll have to check it out :-)
  • Sheepdog22
    Options
    The Barcode feature rocks. Its one of the main reasons I use this app.
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    I wish someone would have said something earlier. Adding recipes will be so much easier. I have been scanning everything this morning.
  • neenie1
    neenie1 Posts: 12
    Options
    I love the bar code scanner thingy!!!!!!
  • rosieraven
    rosieraven Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I can't use my scanner!!! I've asked in 3 different threads, checked online, emailed people... One lady told me to hold it closer or farther away, but that's not helping either!!! Can someone please tell me SPECIFICALLY how to use it??? Let's skip the whole getting to the scanner thing. Obviously if I've gotten to the point where I'm trying to scan my food, I've already figured out how to find it on the ap. :)
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    i had been using MFP about a week and I told my husband "the only thing that would make it better is a scanner." then I found out it did have one! Love love love it.

Can you give more info on how it isn't working. Does it do nothing at all or just tries to read it but says no info found or what? some things it won't find but it always tells you.
  • rosieraven
    Options
    It's not doing ANYTHING. I see the box, I see the red scanner line. I've tried moving in, moving out, changing the angle... The most it ever does is sometimes a little yellow dot pops up. I've tried waiting and letting the little dot move across the bar code, but nothing happens.
  • DawnWendalynn1973
    DawnWendalynn1973 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My suggestion, just from a computer standpoint....uninstall the app and reinstall it. It might just be a glitch that happened when you first put the app on your phone.

If that doesn't fix it, I don't know what to suggest.

I just went and checked out the scanner with a few items in the cupboards....I LOVE IT!!!! can't wait to make better use of this tool.
  • rosieraven
    Options
    Well how do you get it to scan? Does it just do it automatically?
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I just noticed on my Droid evo that when adding food there is barcode scanner beside the database search box. Saves time and more accurate because you scan package to get nutrition info. So those using phone ap check out that feature.

I know I love it! Best thing ever.
  • ancho84
    ancho84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    focus the camera on the barcode and try to get a clear picture in the frame. The scan will pick up automatically once it focuses on the code ( you will hear a beep).
  • BrittanyGQ
    BrittanyGQ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    ooh thanks for posting!! you motivated me to finally update my app on my iphone, and that feature seems awesome!
  • sezgirl
    sezgirl Posts: 23
    Options
    does it work for iphone4? i dont see the option anywhere :(
  • northstar699
    northstar699 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Please say this works for Iphone!!
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    iPhone 3Gs or better unfortunately.

I only have a 3G and it doesn't work.
  • cassybubby
    cassybubby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It does work for iPhone. I saw this thread, updated my app and I've spent the last 10 minutes going around my office scanning all the things that people have with barcodes! Lol.

You just have to get the barcode in the frame and it should automatically focus and scan it for you...
  • obnurse2006
    Options
    Holy Cow!!! thanks for posting that! I'm updating my app now!
  • rosieraven
    Options
    Tried uninstalling the ap and reinstalling it. Still not working. What am I doing wrong???