leslie sansome

Options
i've heard people mention her a lot on the forum.
what dvds have you tried and what are you opinions/results?

Replies

• rlelliott08
    rlelliott08 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Is this the walk at home dvd's
  • christiannikki
    christiannikki Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like her 3 mile burn (downloadable from exercise tv) and 4 fast miles. They are great, especially when it snows, like today.
  • MarriedMama
    Options
    She rocks. I use the 5 mile dvd. It's perfect for me because I can roll out of be and begin exercising. I add weights along with it, and I wear a HRM. I'll often play it twice and do 10 miles or backtrack a couple miles to redo them and extend my work out session. I've been doing it for about 6 months now and I'm consistenly losing weight, and have some mild toning.

I like it because you get 5 (12 minute) miles, which makes it easy to track my calorie burn.
    Best,
    Marriedmama
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    I love her and I have
    5 Day slim down.
    5 miles where you focus on different parts of the body and it's cut into mile sections if you can't do all 5 that day or want to make your own routine.

It's a really good way to start out cause doing a mile every day helps build you up to be able to do more. There is a warm up and a cool down and even has a meal section if you want ideas.

only 9$ at wal mart and probably target
  • girlface68
    girlface68 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like her also, The workouts are low impact and very easy to follow. She has them set up so that if you don't have a lot of time you can always "walk a mile" I have to break my workouts up during the work week so I roll out of bed at O dark 30 pop in one of her DVD's and do two miles and get started on my day. Then on weekends I can walk 4 or 5. Definately worth a try.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I have several and it was one of hers that got me into regular exercise in the first place. I was very out of shape and couldn't do a lot of the DVD's out there but hers were easy to follow and didn't require jumping around.

I still do them because I can put more effort into them and still get a good workout. I use one with the stretchy band things (can't remember the "official" name of them!) I have another that uses hand weights. it came with 2 pound ball weights but I use six pound weights when I do it. I also have one that is just a fast aerobic workout.

Different days I use different workouts and not strictly hers but she definitely has a place in my collection! Plus when I start a video I hate to quit before it's finished so I can choose how much time I want to work out and know I won't flake out. :)
  • denacutrone
    Options
    i get her walking workouts ondemand on exercise tv. they were good for me to start out with to get used to working out again before ramping up to a more agressive type of cardio.