sport line heartrate watch.. bodybug..running shoes..

Options
I got a few misc questions ive been wondering on and maybe I can get some useful feedback! I have one of those sportline heartrate monitor watch's from walmart. had it for a yr and now the battery died :( idk if anybody has one but does anyone know if the battery would be replacable on those?! I was at walmart and looked at the box and it doesnt mention anything about it on there, just that it has a 5yr warrenty whatever that means. i dont have the reciept still or anything. another question is Does anybody use the bodybug? i was thinking of buying one and didnt know how it worked and i need a new pair of running shoes. thinking of the kswiss tubes. what running/workout shoes do you all suggest???? I know thats a lot of random questions, but feedback would be so awsome! thanks guys

Replies

• bubba2577
    Options
    the sportline watch does have a replaceable battery,any jeweler should be able to fix u up:happy:
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You need to go to a "running store". they will have you try on a pair of shoes and watch the way you walk in your shoes ans determine the kind of shoe you will need. This will change everything for you if you do....depending on where you live it shouldnt be a problem finding a running store...just google ....i live in a smaller community and we have one so i'm sure you wil too. MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN YOUR WORKOUTS!!
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jess.

Coincidentally, I just used my Sporlline Solo 969 for the first time tonight! I went through the manual to set it up, and found this:

<<The Sportline Solo 960 uses a single CR2032 lithium battery. To replace the battery of your Sportline Solo 960, we recommend you take it to a watch repair service or certified jeweler. This will ensure the water resistance will be retained after the battery replacement.

If you have questions, comments, or need assistance with your Sportline Solo 960 Heart Rate Watch, you may contact Customer Support by calling 1-800-338-6337.>>

Not sure if the battery size will apply to your model, but the advice to go to a watch repair service and the customer service number should help.

Good luck!
  • ywellc
    ywellc Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is valid for your particular make and model but the Sportline FAQ is here (and says to take it to a watch repair place)

http://www.sportline.com/faq.php

When it comes to shoes the best I've had I was turned on to by my sister (who is a long distance runner). They are ASICS Gel Kayano line. The 16s are being replaced by the 17s so one can get a pretty good deal on them (find link below)

http://www.amazon.com/ASICS-Womens-GEL-Kayano-Running-Lightning/dp/B0031Y6NSK?SubscriptionId=0338J3P5B24W4AZ77RG2&tag=imafoodblog-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B0031Y6NSK

I LOVE them, but they are a little expensive - like enough that I only wear them when I run / go to the gym - then they go back in their box. GL!
  • cjreesejr
    Options
    Damn you are full of questions. Lol my advice is go to a running store for shoes. What people recommend might be a good shoe for them and not you! Also depends how often and how many miles a week you want to run. You can get a great pair of running shoes for under $100. I know Ascics make a great running shoe! Your Sportline watch battery should be replaceable. I'd check the website to see if your warranty covers the battery if not just got to a jewelry store and get the battery replaced. I was looking at the Sportline watches myself but purchased a nice G Shock watch and Timex Ironman Heart monitor!!!
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You need to go to a "running store". they will have you try on a pair of shoes and watch the way you walk in your shoes ans determine the kind of shoe you will need. This will change everything for you if you do....depending on where you live it shouldnt be a problem finding a running store...just google ....i live in a smaller community and we have one so i'm sure you wil too. MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN YOUR WORKOUTS!!

I agree :smile: Head to your local Luke's Locker or Run On store and they're more than happy to help you out there. As well, figure out what shoe you want and get it for cheaper online at runningwarehouse.com....you can also go to runblogger.com to get an additional 10% off when you click on the coupon. I got new Saucony Kinvara's on there for less than 70 bucks. Hope that helps!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

I second that motion!

Edit: oh, i guess i'm "fourthing" that motion :)
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a BB after seeing the results a friend of mine has had with hers. I've heard a lot of great things about them. As far as shoes, if you have a specialty store near you, go there. We have one called Running Wild. The specialize in fitting running shoes for people. They cost a little more but its worth it.
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    I used to have a bodybugg, I liked it, but didn't really like the site that you have to use with it. You also have to pay a monthly fee to use the site after the initial 6 month trial (if it still comes with one) and using the site is the only way you can get your information from the bugg, unless you have the display. I'm not saying that I didn't like the bodybugg, but looking back now, I think I could have gotten the same information from a HRM for less money.

Kswiss tubes- recently bought a pair and had to return them. I have always bought nike sneakers, they've just always been really comfortable for me, but I thought I'd give the tubes a try, this was 4 weeks ago that I wore them and my blisters are just now healed, they were that bad. I think it's because the backs of them come up really high and they are very rigid. You may like them, so please don't be turned off to them by me, but I would just suggest going to the store and trying them on and keeping in mind the high back. One of the reviews I read for them had mentioned the same problem, so I think it depends on what you're used to.

And for your battery problem, I'm almost positive walmare sells watch batteries, I think I've bought them there before at the jewelery counter.

Good Luck! I'm hoping to buy a HRM in a few weeks so I can get more accurate numbers for my calorie burn.
  • Dom80
    Dom80 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    ive had my BodyBugg for 2 weeks and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a 9.95 monthly fee after the initial 6 months free.

It is the best investment I have made.