OMG gas, bloating, and BM

Options
So this is probably way TMI but I need some advice because I have never experienced this before. For the past week I have been bloated, gassy, and having a hard time having a BM. I'm eating lots of fiber, I was taking fiber pills for a couple days to see if that helped and nothing. I went and got natural laxative, took it last night and another today, nothing. I drink lots of water and green tea as well. The scales says I have gained 2 pounds. The 2 pounds I have worked hard getting on last week. Its making me mad and quite frustrated. Anyone that could give me some advice it would be appreciated.

Replies

• mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    Make an appointment and go to your doctor. There are an assortment of pills and supplements that may do you more harm than good if you don't know what the actual problem is.
  • ThePhatMan
    Options
    Broccoli or a little runny oatmeal should do the trick. Works for me.
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    I don't think you"ve gained two pounds of fat. If you haven't had a BM those two pounds are probably waste mater in you intestines. This has happened to me on several occasions and adding a fiber supplement seems to make it worse.
    This is what has helped me - I eat as many apples as I can (4 or 5) with the skin on. I also eat about 7 prunes, drink a lot of water and go for a walk. Usually after this I have a BM and feel nice and empty. Also try lifting your feet up on a stool while on the toilet.
  • marniehodges
    Options
    Milk of Magnesia. Mild and works well. Definately wouldn't do it on a regular basis if the problem persists. Hope things "get moving" for you soon!
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    BLUEBERRIES!! They do it every time. Also prunes.
  • winterjade
    winterjade Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    you could be intaking too much fiber...if you are intaking more than the recommended amount...I think its 35g your body might be having trouble moving things along....I think in the food traker you can set it so you can see your fiber intake too, :) Hope you feel better!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    yoplus keeps your digestive system on track and its so yummy. I eat blackberry pomegranate.
  • fitoverfifty
    fitoverfifty Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Your body is getting used to more fiber......I don't see the need for suppliments, just eat foods with fiber.

You're drinking a lot, that's a good thing :-)
    I agree with a previous poster, if it doesn't clear up, go see a doctor..
  • Tipring
    Tipring Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Do NOT eat bananas. Over the counter called Senecot. Definitely gets things going. Don't know if Fleet is over the counter, but that works very good too. Had to buy for my boys before.
  • mamichulany
    Options
    i agree prunes should help!
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Drink lots and lots of water, try doing a long relaxed walk and if after a couple days you're still feeling really uncomfortable, go to a clinic/dr,
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I agre, it's your body adjusting to an increase in fiber. Keep doing what you're doing a maybe take a stool softner and see if that helps.
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    Well for me i've had that problem off and on for years, I recently almost two months now have gone gluten free and I have to say with the exception of eating items with hidden gluten (hidden? more like I didn't pay attention lol) I have not had the problem anymore. You might want to talk to your doctor about it.
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'd consider talking to a doctor about this. It could definitely be fine, and just be your body adjusting and so on, but it never hurts to get a medical opinion just in case.
  • jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Options
    Eating dairy products can make you constipated too. Maybe try eliminating dairy for a couple days...

Best of luck!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Try Laci Le Beau Super Dieter's Tea Cleanse. It's all natural botanicals and it works pretty good. Make sure you let it steep at least 2 or 3 minutes. That's the key. It works for me and I hope it will work for you. I found it at Wal-Marts. If you can't find it where you live this is the ingredients so maybe a health food store can help you. Orange Peel, Licorice Root, Spearmint Leaf, Marshmallow Root, Papaya Leaf, Eleuthero Root, Cinnamon Bark, Chrysanthemum Flower, Japanese Honeysuckle Flower, Senna leaf, Stevia Powder and Stevia Powdered Extract.
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I would only eat foods that are high in fiber!! Fiber is very important but, I would suggest you get your fiber from your food selections. If you are increasing your fiber it is VERY IMPORTANT that you are drinking LOTS OF WATER. I would add fiber to your diary (if you have not already done that) so, that you can track your fiber. Try drinking some hot green tea that should also help! :flowerforyou:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you're a coffee drinker but have a strong one, it should help move things along. Along with lots of water.
  • deeanne22
    Options
    orange juice or senekot max strength always works for me
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely try to do some of the suggestions. If it does persist then I will see a dr just to be on the safe side.