Good ideas for low cal snacks?

Options
Hey guys! I just wanted to hear some suggestions of low cal, low fat snacks that would tie me over between meals. Any ideas? Thanks.

Replies

• sarahbear119
    sarahbear119 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes, granola bars, veggies, and fruit
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    I eat a piece of fruit with a yogurt every morning. My afternoon snack is cottage cheese with cut up veggies:)
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt -- tons of protein, no fat, and can be made yummy with added fruit of your choice!
  • jajomoal
    Options
    Oxygen and water work for me. I find it too easy to form bad habits.
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I love all special k snacks! they are all like 100-150 calories and are act tasty! the fruit crisps are awsome and they have these new cracker chips that are only 110cals for like 30 of em!! otherwise as far as "filling" a small apple with a little bit of nutella, all natural peanut butter or almond butter (just a lil though cause cals add up quick w these) or veggies w a little bit of hummus is also very filling another good idea is getting low sodium deli meat like turkey or chicken and cutting up some green pepper, red pepper etc and rolling it up in the deli meat. your getting protein and fiber so its def very filling and low in calories as well. I act got that idea from trainer bob harper! it will tide you over till your next meal
  • Jess21684
    Options
    i agree. greek yogurt is also good and filling yoplait even has greek yogurt now
  • navvs15
    navvs15 Posts: 165
    Options
    One good low calorie snack that keeps you relatively full is the Kashi Protein and Fiber bar. It's only 150 calories, and when drinking water -- it can keep me full for a few hours. Some of the hunger control Slim Fast bars can also keep you full as well.
  • everet36
    Options
    Beef jerky.
  • Jess21684
    Options
    rice cakes are low calorie and are good. but honestly not too "filling"
  • TrudyMay
    Options
    I've recently been trying fruit with a 1/4 cup of almonds or walnuts. It's more filling and it's not a waste of calories. I tend to struggle getting enough protein without going overboard on the fat so this is a good compromise for me. Although I'm liking the greek yogurt idea in a previous post!
  • NewMomma1982
    NewMomma1982 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn is only like 130ish calories for 5 CUPS(Popped)!!!!! It's super yummy and you can spray a little Pam on it and then sprinkle a no-cal flavoring on it. I drink a giant glass of water and eat this and I'm full till dinner. REALLY helps with the afternoon munchies I get that would totally wreck my weight loss otherwise!!!
  • puppysue
    Options
    my favorite protein choice!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    String cheese and a piece of fruit
    fruit or veggie
    light popcorn
    veggies dipped in hummus
    portabello mushroom w a tsp. pizza sauce & a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese broiled in the oven
    greek yogurt
    pop chips
  • MMarcordes
    MMarcordes Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    CHEESE! In my mind, it's a yummy, high-fat snack that I LOVE! Sargentos 60 calorie low fat cheese sticks. YUMMY!
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    **kashi cereal and no fat milk
    **greek style yogurt, frozen berries, and nuts ...gives me the sweetness and a good crunch
  • krisvtx8777
    Options
    Red Peppers with Hummus
    Seedless Cucumbers with Red Pepper or Tomato and a splash of Maple Grove Farms Balsamic Vin (my fav)
    Hard Boiled Egg Whites
    100 cal popcorns
    Grilled Asparagus (maybe I'm strange I like them hot or cold)
    Honeycrisp Apples!
    Pop chips
    or special K cracker chips (30 for 110 cal)
    Use greek yogurt like sour cream with just a touch of dip mix (Ranch Onion etc) Taste great with any veggies
    I like 0% Fage....
  • goatstew
    Options
    Great ideas everyone! Thanks. I love hummus, I but the Tribe All Natural individual packs at Costco. I love it with carrot sticks. I used to love it with Simply Garlic and Parmesan Pita chips, but alas, carrots are a much healthier choice ;) I've never tried greek yogurt, I'll definitely put in on my shopping list. All good idea, thanks!
  • BeesKnees123
    Options
    Jicama. Frozen Grapes. Dried Edamame (good source of protein).
    14 Almonds have 100 calories, lot of fiber and some fat and protein for satiety.

I usually have an herbal iced-tea or hot tea and wait an hour.
  • clintds98223
    Options
    I would say Fruits and Veggies are my favorite. Like baby carrots, celery and also fruit like apples and bananas. All natural and fiber rich foods seems to be key to feeling full and having plenty of energy. Good luck.
  • messyanderson
    Options
    If you're dying for sweetness, skinny cow has good stuff. Their ice cream sandwhiches are like 120 calories. Also, Smart Ones has yummy desserts...I just tried their ice cream and cookie dough one...it's only 170 calories and it is super rich and kicks that sweet tooth craving. I also have to have a bag of popcorn every night...Orville redenbacker's fat free popcorn is only 120 calories for a whole bag. And I season it too...I'm a very snacky person so these help me. :)