Hi :)

yana_o
yana_o Posts: 2
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I am new to this site. I am trying to lose 55 pounds before the summer. I would love to befriend someone so we can motivate eachother!

Replies

• AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Hi :-)

I've only been here two weeks. I've no friends on here yet.
  • 55 lbs by summer?? How much do you weigh and what is your target weight? That's a little less than 10lbs a month over six months...that's hardcore. Not impossible but definitely not easy, because as you lose weight your body will begin to resist your changes and plateau if you will. I like to hit the gym regularly for a while, about 5 weeks then take a week or so off to let my body reset and get use to my new weight. I try to do this a every 10lb interval, it gives your body a rest as well as your mind, take that into consideration on this endeavor and remember...Drive...Dedication & Determination will get you where you want to be. Good Luck to you!!!
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Welcome, be consistent with eating healthy and meeting your calorie and nutrition goals along with regular exercise and the weight will come off. It should be close to that by summer, but doing it right is more important than the time line.
  • oneof9
    oneof9 Posts: 106 Member
    Hi and welcome 55 lbs is a lot to loose. It's not all impossible. I just want you to make sure you do safely, and if you miss your goal a few times on the way. Don't get upset and try to push yourself. Dieting can be dangerous when people push themselves too much and loose to much weight unsafely.
    I wish you all the best.
This discussion has been closed.