second week weigh in

Options
I have only lost 1 pound this week and I'm a little down, was hoping it would be more, I'm watching what I eat and exercising 6 days a week

Replies

• mjd0109
    mjd0109 Posts: 152
    Options
    Don't let it bring you down, you know how hard you've worked! Make sure you are taking measurements because if the scale doesn't move, those will and you'll still have a victory! I'm in week 3 and have been under my calorie goal every day, exercise at least once a day and have only lost 1.5 lbs but almost 4 inches around my body. Doesn't seem right but at least then I know I'm making progress! Good luck!
  • traininglady911
    traininglady911 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hang in there --- Sometimes the inches go away first before the pounds drop off the scales.
  • pringle83
    pringle83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ive noticed you dont tend to lose alot when your exercising, muscle weighs more than fat :)

1lb is a healthy weight loss
  • mandymel
    mandymel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I have been working out for three weeks everyday and I eat good and all I lost was 3lbs. Not happy! My sister in law has lost 7lbs and my husband has lost 15lbs. I just don't get it.
  • louisee294
    louisee294 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey, the same happened to me, week 1 4lbs, week 2 1lb, week 3 3 1/2 pounds. I think it's after losing more the first week so dont worry :)
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    A heard a great quote yesterday that will work in this situation: "Even if you catch small fish, sooner or later you're gonna have enough for a big meal." And it's so true.. EVERYTHING adds up...and a 1lb loss, is way better than a 1lb gain! That's 35 HUNDRED calories that you burned! WAY TO GO!
  • natisinvincible
    Options
    Usually when you have a good first week, the second week may be lower as you lose more water the first week
  • Betsy1111
    Betsy1111 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You are doing so good, try hard not to be discouraged. This is normal, and I really think that your body might be going into "protect" mode. You have shocked it, so it is trying to hold onto fat for survival. It will pass. In my experience, this will also happen to me if I eat after 7:00p.m. Even if it is something low calorie or good for me. From my understanding you don't burn as many calories when you go to sleep shortly after eating. What also seems to help, is if I keep my larger carb calories earlier in the day, I think carbs are harder to burn off.
    Love you honey, keep up the good work!