groove problems

So I have been doing MFP for about 2 weeks now and I have only been doing the calorie side of things...but starting today I added working out. I did a Jillian Micheals DVD and it kicked my butt! I have a HRM and I am concerned about one thing, I got it on ebay used and I noticed when I am working out at the bottom it says I am above my the HR I supposed to be at?!? There is a picture of a little heart and an arrow pointing down ( meaning I should slow down?) I thought getting the heart rate UP was the point. I was at 186 BPM...also I only lasted about 35 min...I burned 325 calories but am I going to see results at this pace? Should I work longer and how do you all push yourselves when you mind and body is saying STOP? Sorry for the UBER long post!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• So I have been doing MFP for about 2 weeks now and I have only been doing the calorie side of things...but starting today I added working out. I did a Jillian Micheals DVD and it kicked my butt! I have a HRM and I am concerned about one thing, I got it on ebay used and I noticed when I am working out at the bottom it says I am above my the HR I supposed to be at?!? There is a picture of a little heart and an arrow pointing down ( meaning I should slow down?) I thought getting the heart rate UP was the point. I was at 186 BPM...also I only lasted about 35 min...I burned 325 calories but am I going to see results at this pace? Should I work longer and how do you all push yourselves when you mind and body is saying STOP? Sorry for the UBER long post!:flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Go here to find you target heart rate. It is possible to go too high and sterain the heart.

:flowerforyou:
  • go where?
  • Go at active.com. It will calculate your target heart rate which should be between 55 and 85% of your max heart rate. Good luck :smile: