New and Excited!

Options
Hi, I joined today and am really excited. I'm 39 yrs. old and am going to be thinner and in shape for my big day, turning 40. I've always struggled with my weight. I've done everything to lose from ww, drinking veggie shakes, atkins to going back to binge eating. I heard about this site yesterday at work and I'm in. I need and would love to give the support to others also in need. I need others that understand the everyday struggles. Hoping I can find some support here.

Replies

• dhutt2011
    dhutt2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You are going to love it! The community here is very supportive. We sound like we done some of the same diets in the past. If you want a MFP friend feel free to send me an invite!
  • fedor99
    fedor99 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi Xray,

keep on the wagon this is a great site for moral support add me as a buddy if you would like,

i am still kicking myself for not keeping with the the program when i was 39 and he we are 2 years later

Do it for both of us

Carp di em seize the day

Fedor
  • katacha999
    Options
    Welcome!!! There is a lot of support on this site. It's all about how you want to use it! I hear ya on the fad diets, binge eating mayhem. My 2011 is all about overall wellness. Good luck to you! :)
  • hunkahunka
    Options
    Hi, Welcome aboard!

Mfp is one of the best things I have found for weight loss. No fancy expensive diet food, just old fashion common sense about how we eat our food. You really can eat anything you want just in moderation and watching your calories. I have no doubt you will have much success if you log in every day and count those calories. I find it really hard not to log in now! Best of luck! If you would like a friend im here!
    Brad
  • columbiasmiles
    columbiasmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great. What a wonderful present to give yourself at 40.
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I too am new and looking for the support that we need during this changing process. So far this is an easy and common sense site and is really helpful with counting calories. Good Luck to you!!