apple cider vinegar

Options
I first became obsessed with learning more about the apple cider vinegar cleanse when Megan Fox (the actress) said that she does this to maintain her weight. I looked online and found the pros and cons of this cleanse. Ive always heard that you dont really need to cleanse the body, drinking plenty of water just does that, but this sounds kinda interesting. All I know is that you take 2 tbls. of apple cider vinegar in water before each meal, is there anything else to it?
Most cleanses that ive read about, you dont eat, you just do the cleanse, but I didnt see anywhere that you cant eat anything on this cleanse. If anyone knows anything or has tried it let me know. Thanks.

Replies

• lk14040
    lk14040 Posts: 90
    Options
    I first became obsessed with learning more about the apple cider vinegar cleanse when Megan Fox (the actress) said that she does this to maintain her weight. I looked online and found the pros and cons of this cleanse. Ive always heard that you dont really need to cleanse the body, drinking plenty of water just does that, but this sounds kinda interesting. All I know is that you take 2 tbls. of apple cider vinegar in water before each meal, is there anything else to it?
    Most cleanses that ive read about, you dont eat, you just do the cleanse, but I didnt see anywhere that you cant eat anything on this cleanse. If anyone knows anything or has tried it let me know. Thanks.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    If you search the forums for apple cider vinegar, you'll see tons of posts where people have talked about it previously.
  • amethystx
    Options
    Many years ago, the "apple cider vinegar diet" was very trendy.
    People swore it worked.
    I tried it.
    It probably did work, mainly because you upchucked so much.
  • conniptionfits
    Options
    :laugh:
    Many years ago, the "apple cider vinegar diet" was very trendy.
    People swore it worked.
    I tried it.
    It probably did work, mainly because you upchucked so much.

:laugh:
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I don't know about cleasing the body or using it for weight control, but my grandmother SWEARS by apple cider vinegar...you know the dad in My Big Fat Greek Wedding and his windex obession? That is my grandma and apple cider vinegar. :laugh: We all laugh, but she is 84 and really healthy. She drives,dances, goes out on dates, walks, plays the organ, and is really involved in her church. She is definately not an old old lady!

I love my grandma; she is awesome!
  • conniptionfits
    Options
    WINDEX WORKS FOR EVERYTHING! my brothers dad shaves with windex :laugh: seriously. I'm not sure what the vinegar is supposed to do.. but mineral oil cleanses as well and it's a safe alternative :)