Anyone Dread Weekends? for being a MFPer?

barberella
barberella Posts: 199
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
I dread the weekend. Don't get me wrong..I don't dread it as far as work goes because it means I don't have to go there, and I get to spend time with my daughter, boyfriend, and other friends. However, during the week, I am more on a consistent schedule with my eating and exercising, and on the weekend, it goes to ****! I have the luxury of having a very small gym accompanied with a racquetball court at work, and I'm the only one in the whole 4 story building that uses it. On the weekends, I try to get up early before everyone else does to jump on the Wii, but as soon as my five year old gets up, she wants to play, and is completely insistent on it to the point where I cannot keep my focus to "play" my games, which are all fitness games.
Then as far as eating, I'll eat in the morning, but since we're out and about, I end up skipping lunch and eating only dinner and that just messes up my whole routine until Monday. And since I absolutely hate water, I force myself to drink it and usually can swallow about 6 glasses on average a day cuz my desk is right next to the water cooler. But not at home. I do have a Culligan Purifier thing on the faucet, but I'm not motivated like at work to get up and keep filling my bottle like at work especially since I am either not here, or playing hide and seek or Barbies or something with my daughter. And of course, part of my problems on the weekend have to do with mom guilt cuz I know my daughter just doesn't always want to do a million sit ups with me, or understand when mommy has to "exercise", so that usually means I end up quitting early, etc...

Replies

• liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    I love the weekends --- I try to double up on my exercise, I'll go for a jog and then maybe the pool for some laps. Tomorrow I will go on a long hike. I have time to get in more activity on the weekends then during the week -- during the week I feel like I have to squeeze in my workouts.
  • imgonnadoit123
    imgonnadoit123 Posts: 49 Member
    I hear ya..just dreading next weekend. Go Pack!
  • I'm not a mom so I may not be the best one to give advice but I also have a hard time with weekends, but maybe you could find fun activities to do with your daughter that included some excersize, like put her in a wagon or stroller and go for a walk to the park and play with her there. I know my nieces are energetic and if I really play with them in a park I feel like I'm getting a workout. And you could pack a healthy lunch or snacks in your purse so that you eat right even if your out and about.
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    I hear ya..just dreading next weekend. Go Pack!

SORRY but I must tell you your routing the wrong way .... LETS GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER I absolutely HATE the weekends .... I find myself pacing in and out of the kitchen all day and then working out like a crazy person to prevent the want of just pigging completely out and then Im hurting all week.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    only thing i dread is most of my friends arent on during weekends. i work weekend so my eating is still regulated but here always seems like a ghoststtown
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,809 Member
    I have kids and I hear you on the mom guilt stuff. Some times on the weekend I will go for a run/walk and take my son with me on his bicycle. We get to spend time together and we both exercise. I also have a double jogging stroller (I have to kids) and I take them for walks. They love being pushed around in that thing. They have their own water bottles and I take some snacks for them to munch. It does not always turn out to be a high impact workout, but it keeps me moving.

As for the food, maybe you could take some good healthy snacks with you. I will sometimes throw some almonds and dried fruit into a ziploc bag when I run errands. Totally keeps me on track.
  • Totally dreading next weekend..Not cuz of seeing our Packers play, but two Superbowl parties I'm attending are going to have a lot of food I am not supposed to be eating...But hey, go Packers!
  • I completely agree!! Weekends mess everything up for me too!! I have two young kids and and a husband and between cooking and housework, and quality family time I have no time or energy left for working out or focusing on eating well!! Oh well here's to Monday and getting back on track!!
This discussion has been closed.