Halfway to my goal! (pics)

Options
adriannz
adriannz Posts: 29 Member
I wasn't going to take any more photos of myself until I had lost 100 pounds, but I did the math today and realized that I was halfway through my weightloss goal! Actually.... just a titch over halfway. I happened to be at work at the time.... so I grabbed my iTouch and took some photos in the full length mirror in one of the bathrooms (I don't own a full length mirror at home, so might as well!) so I could post some before-and-during shots.

When I decided I needed to start losing weight in July of last year, I weighed 280 pounds. Yesterday when I weighed in I was 212 pounds. That's 68 pounds gone. (Woohoo!) My goal is to get down to 145 pounds so I can finally be "normal" on the BMI scale. That's a loss of 135 pounds - and halfway was 67.5 pounds. So, yay!

Anyways, here are those photos!

At 280 pounds:
oregon2.jpgoregon1.jpg

At 230 pounds:
50pounds2.jpg

At 212 pounds:
fromitouch10072.jpgfromitouch10132.jpg

Replies

• Jartexas
    Jartexas Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    good job, love to hear people doing well.
  • blueeyeddragon2115
    Options
    Great Job!!! Thats awsome to hear! What did you do? Any cardio or strength training?
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Wow girl you do not even look like the same girl! WTG!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!

I'd love to know what's working for you. Could you share with us please?
  • rsonthelake
    rsonthelake Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Great job!
  • swchapman
    Options
    You go girl.You look great.Kudos.You are on your way to your goal weight.Smile a BIG smile when you look in the mirror.
  • MarriedMama
    Options
    You look GREAT!!!
  • DRAGONGIRL91
    Options
    great job
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Amazing job girl! Keep up the great work!
  • EclaireP
    EclaireP Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love it! You are looking great girl :-)
  • adriannz
    adriannz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!

For those who are asking what I'm doing:

The main thing is counting calories - which is where MFP comes in! I went it on my own for awhile, but once I joined MFP it became so much easier to keep track of what I'm eating!

The other thing is running. Back in - August, I think - I started Couch 2 5K, and eventually I was jogging 2 miles at a time... it was a slow jog! Once the weather got cold I stopped. I just started back at the gym about two weeks ago, so I'm restarting C25K, but this time I'm running at a faster pace.

Besides that - I use the piddly little freeweights I had laying around, and then I do some situps and pushups. I really need to work more on strength training!
  • flash53
    flash53 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good Job you look fantastic! I'm trying to lose 2 lbs a week till I get to my goal weight by dec 31, 2011. You just gave me the motivation I need! thank you
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!

Your progress is very inspirational!
  • clingybabe
    clingybabe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Way to go!!
  • Murphy3
    Murphy3 Posts: 32
    Options
    You look great keep up the good work!!!
  • msuamber
    msuamber Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Way to go sis! You look amazing!! :)
  • 4menow
    4menow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good Job. Keep up the good work. I am new to this site, so I am just getting started.
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Looking great!
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress!
  • safetypins
    Options
    You're doing so well! You look great, keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!