Measurements are everything!!!

Options
alliecore
alliecore Posts: 446 Member
I'm so excited!! The scale hasn't budged for over a week (in fact, it's up 1 lb from this time last week.) BUT today was my measuring day. (I measure every other week.) In the last 2 weeks I have lost: 3/4" in my waist; 3/4" in my hips; 1/2" in my thigh; and gained 1/4" in my bicep. So TAKE THAT, scales!!!!!! :laugh:

Never forget to track measurements! In my opinion, they are more solid evidence of progress than numbers on the scale.

Replies

• anorton45
    Options
    That's fantastic!! I did start taking my measurements, only been a week, soooo.... I can't wait to see those inches change myself. Thanks for sharing!!
  • MelanieM81
    MelanieM81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Inches mean as much if not more than the scale.. Congrat!!
  • MoMoves
    MoMoves Posts: 36
    Options
    AWESOME FOR YOU!

I haven't done any measurements since starting....I think I better go dig out the measuring tape and do it right now! Thanks for reminding me! :smile:
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yep this month my scale has been all over the place. Overall I'm down 3.2 as of yesterday, I weighed today and its a bit more but more importantly my pants are starting to fit better and I have lost an inch off my hips and waist both. Measuring is definitely a good thing to do.
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Great JOB!!! :bigsmile:
  • Redkoala
    Redkoala Posts: 146
    Options
    Awesome job! I'm the same, scales have been the same for 2 weeks but im loosing inches cos im one size down in my jeans :P Keep it up and yea! DEATH TO THE SCALES!
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thats great.. You go girl.. :)
  • maaalloryy
    Options
    You're totally right! My weight has stayed the same for 3 weeks, but my measurements have gone down.

Congrats on your inches :))
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :smile:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You know, I keep advising people to take their measurements, but I haven't done it myself yet. I'll do that on my next weigh-in day. :)
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I really should have taken my starting measurements. In a few days I'm going to start doing more strength training. So far it's all been cardio to shed the Wisconsin insulation layer. :wink: Once I start following Bodyrock workouts, I know I'll need to measure, because the scale will likely creep up again.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    SO TRUE!

I started measuring after week 2 and it really does make a HUGE difference!

CONGRATS!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!