Good Work Out DVDs?

Options
Hey Everyone!

So here is my dilemma, I live in an old apartment building as in really old creaky wood floors and no gym. During the winters I can't go on runs so I want a good cardio exercise I can do in my apartment however it can't involve anything that would be noticeable to my downstairs neighbor. Any ideas? I have 30 Day Shred but a lot of the cardio is too loud. I'm wondering about dance DVDs? I think that might work but I have no experience. Anyway thanks for any help!

Replies

• kt_rubino
    kt_rubino Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Maybe try zumba its super popular in the gym and if you have the Wii, ps3 move or xbox knect its even better!
  • frubjious
    frubjious Posts: 355
    Options
    This might not be what you were thinking of but how about getting a stationary bike? You can usually pick them up pretty cheaply second hand or even free from freecycle. Its great cardio, you can work to what ever pace you are up to and shouldn't bother your neighbours at all. You can also watch what ever dvd you like while you do it.
  • iluvhealthy
    Options
    I have one called pump it up - the ultimate dance workout. It's really nice, I think you should give it a try!!!::happy:
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    What about a padded mat to exercise on to help absorb some of the heavier footfalls??? Don't know if this is a good idea or not. Just a thought.

In addition to the exercise bike someone mentioned, ellipticals can be quiet too, if you don't mind paying for a better model.
  • adrienne4791
    Options
    This might not be what you were thinking of but how about getting a stationary bike? You can usually pick them up pretty cheaply second hand or even free from freecycle. Its great cardio, you can work to what ever pace you are up to and shouldn't bother your neighbours at all. You can also watch what ever dvd you like while you do it.

This is a great idea that doesn't make much noise. I have one and found it cheap on craigslist and its great cardio so its always worth a shot :happy:
  • Emi_chan
    Emi_chan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with my pre-war building. I don't think this is what you want to hear, but I triple up on my mats so that there's hardly any impact. You can also get those mats that are sound absorbent. Unfortunately, the high-impact DVDs burn the most calories for me. I recommend Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and Jeanette Jenkins Bikini Bootcamp.
  • ktthompson2003
    ktthompson2003 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!!!! I just purchased Rockin Body and Yoga Booty Ballet from BeachBody and they are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! They are tons of fun with a great burn. I've only been using them a few days but I literally look forward to my next morning workout now. And as far as the noise its not too bad. There is a little bit of hopping but u can hop softly I suppose. Anywho you should give them a try; you'll be glad you did!!!! (Message me and I'll set you up with my coach)
  • kmarie01
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Great Advice :)